Newbie from just outside Huddersfield

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clum94

Hi everyone,

I'm Calum and live just outside of Huddersfield, Mirfield way. From a young age I have always been on a bike most of the time, rather than playing football with the kids on the street I was always on my bike. I should mention that I am only 17 closing in on 18 this October and over the past couple of years I have become more lazy doing the teenage stuff. Staying indoors on video games and have decided that after accumulating somewhat of a large stomach to do some exercise.

So the holidays have just shown up for me so I have started eating healthy and doing exercise, particularly cycling and running. Since I only started on Monday, now Wednesday I have still a long way to go. Monday I ran 3.6 Miles and cycled 3.4 miles then on Tuesday ran 4 miles and cycled 3.4 miles. It seems a lot to start out on but I have more determination than I led myself to believe. I don't feel comfortable posting my weight but I almost died when exercising and today I'm going to a cycle but my legs feel like they are going to drop off.

Hmmm may have posted a life story but hey.

Currently riding a Marin Hawk Hill Hydro-Light and when I have gotten rid of some weight I hope to buy a Roadie :smile:

RhythMick

Über Member
Welcome ... You'll be doing 50 mile rides before you know it.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
:welcome:

I was through Mirfield today en-route to the Pennines for a 50-mile ride.

Keep going, in March last year I couldn't do 2 miles without stopping for a long break. You're young enough for the weight to drop off. There's riders near you on here and about your age, along with two local clubs as well.

RhythMick

Über Member
When I started I thought 5 miles was a slog. I'll never forget when I caught myself doing that 5 mile loop 3 times on a Sunday morning before the family were up, getting to the top of the hill on the 3rd lap and thinking "I'm sure there was a hill here"

OP
OP
clum94

clum94

Thanks for the support guys! Really appreciate it. I have just got back from an 11 mile bike ride (that is if Google maps is accurate) and I live on the top of the hill. In all fairness the roads are downhill into Mirfield then flat, only uphill on the way home.

Just going to eat an apple :smile:

Top Bottom