Newbie from the South West

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

psd123

Hi,

Been cycling for about a year now, started on a mountain bike, but found it a bit hard keeping up with guys on road bikes so bought a Specialized Allez. Have entered a few sprint triathlons and have been suprised how well i have done, especially in the cycling. Have upgraded my tyres at the moment but looking for some other upgrades to drop some weight and gain some speed. Currently have shimano 2300 groupset which has been fine but would like to change this at some point to a better quality groupset, anybody recommend the best things to upgrade?

Cheers Paul

TheSandwichMonster

Junior Senior
Hi Paul,

No advice for you I'm afraid, but thought I'd say hi, as I'm also a newb' from the South West! :smile:

BSRU

A Human Being
Probably the the most beneficial upgrades are tyres then wheels, although I would have thought the Allez was already ok in that area.

I think the Allez is quite light already so loosing more weight off it will be expensive and probably not make much difference, it's probably better to loose weight of the person riding the bike.

OP
OP
P

psd123

Hi Guys,

I am in Cornwall have not ventured as far as Devon yet on a ride, but plan to do a longer ride before the winter.

Thanks for the replies, have lost nearly 2 stone now from the riding so don't want to lose anymore, the wheels i guess will be the next upgrade, at the moment i have the Alexrims s500 on there, which have done well considering the roads around here.

Cheers Paul

Top Bottom