Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bokoboy

hi folks about to set out in the world of road cycling I've seen a couple of bikes I fancy giant defy0
But I'm not sure about the brake and gear cables being outside the frame ??? Are the cables running inside the frames simply cosmetic or is it beneficial ????

howard2107

I think most bikes now have cables outside the frame. Keep em clean and lubed, you will have no problems. They are easier to change and you can see problems with them before they snap.

OP
OP
B

Bokoboy

Cheers ! Don't think it will sway my decision defo goin for the defy 0 ^_^
Only problem is official giant store in Newcastle no freebies like 15% worth off accessories and I just missed 10% off on tredz website :cursing:

hi folks about to set out in the world of road cycling I've seen a couple of bikes I fancy giant defy0
But I'm not sure about the brake and gear cables being outside the frame ??? Are the cables running inside the frames simply cosmetic or is it beneficial ????

It's only beneficial to have the internal routing, if you really need the bike's aerodynamics to be super clean. In most cases, internal routing is a pain in the backside, You cant see if there's any fraying, until it's too late, sooner or later something will come loose, and then you'll sound like you're riding a biscuit tin full of frisky skeletons. The Defy 0 is a very good bike, it punches well above it's weight.

Reactions: mjr
Top Bottom