Newport velodrome accident yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hont

Guru
Is there anyone from the group involved on here? Do you know if the guy taken to hospital is OK? We were in the group doing the following session and our thoughts are with him.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Hi all,

I've just had a message from Matt at yACF saying "Could you say that as of yesterday he was in an induced coma, and "Hont" can contact me here (i.e. MattC on YACF !) if he would like updates."

Hi there, I was one of those in the group where the accident happened (I was actually in the accident and went over the bars on my bike). Absolutely dreadful experience and sadly the gentleman involved is still critically ill. A completely freak accident and the rider who is seriously ill is an extremely experienced rider and a lovely, lovely man. So sad.

AlanW

Guru
Good grief, sounds nasty and I hope that he makes full and complete recovery. When you say a 'completely freak accident', what happened?

I don't want to go into too much detail for now, but you just don't imagine such an accident to happen in "taster sessions", particularly when it was being run as well as it was. That was what I meant when I referred to "freak".

OP
OP
Hont

Hont

Guru
Thanks for the update Rachael (and Helen). All of us from our group are wishing him the best for a full recovery. I think I was one of the few to see exactly what happened, and Nick from our group went to offer his services as a first aider. We were relieved to see you walk off the track under your own steam, but were a little distressed when it became obvious how serious the other rider was. I can only imagine how awful it was to be part of that group - particularly for you and the third rider in the crash. I hope you are recovering from your physical injuries at least.

And yes it was a completely freak accident. No-ones fault (relay that message if you need to - it might help to come from an independent onlooker). Just really bad luck.

OP
OP
Hont

Hont

Guru
Any update on his condition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom