Newport velodrome accident yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
What happened?

e-rider

crappy member
Well thats the point, we don't know and more importantly how is the guy that was in hospital?

Your avatar (AlanW) reminds me of a time I was cycling along a quiet country lane and a guy was washing his car wearing an identical outfit - WTF, almost fell off my bike. You don't/didn't live in Wiltshire?

MHO

Its a strange thread probably because the rider will not recover full health and riders who witnessed it would rather show some respect.

AlanW

Guru
Its a strange thread probably because the rider will not recover full health and riders who witnessed it would rather show some respect.

So why post it in a public forum then, people are going to ask questions about the person involved and his welfare?

172traindriver

Legendary Member

To me it appears people were showing genuine concern about the person involved and obviously hope he/she recovers. Genuine people tend to act in a manner such as this especially if it is a fellow cyclist.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
So why post it in a public forum then, people are going to ask questions about the person involved and his welfare?

To me it appears people were showing genuine concern about the person involved and obviously hope he/she recovers. Genuine people tend to act in a manner such as this especially if it is a fellow cyclist.

Exactly!

Instead we all have to be psychic. All the best for the rider and everything, that goes without saying, but maybe even a tiny bit of info might have been nice.

I think whatever has happened has been pretty horrific for the rider involved and what we don't know is how he/she would take other people knowing all the details. Try and keep some perspective here, it's not that important that we find out what happened, only that as fellow cyclists we genuinely send out our best wishes to the person involved and hope, along with his/her friends, for the best recovery possible.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Touche. It just seemed that without any info that it was a bit of a non/invisible event, that's all. I am not a voyeur or anything, but it just seemed a bit of an odd thread.

Ethan

Any update on the chap? Hope he pulled through! And I hope he gets back on that track one day in the near future :smile:

MHO

I'm not doubting your concern or hopes but will never recover means what is says without posting person medical details. This was probably the most serious accident on a track in the UK in a generation. Lets hope nothing like it happens again.

Rest assured there have been a number of investigations by the relevant authorities too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom