News too exciting for the 'Mundane News' thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Took my son to Scotland this weekend for him to compete in the Britsh Power Lifting Organisations British Championships. He kept and improved on his British bench press record and stole the British squat record as well. ( In his category ,age and weight) . As this is the first year that the World Power Lifting Federation are recognising his category ,age and weight and because his British records are above the min international standards required he is the inaugral European and World Record holder for the two lifts. Strangely he came second in the championships but got 2 world records!

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Took my son to Scotland this weekend for him to compete in the Britsh Power Lifting Organisations British Championships. He kept and improved on his British bench press record and stole the British squat record as well. ( In his category ,age and weight) . As this is the first year that the World Power Lifting Federation are recognising his category ,age and weight and because his British records are above the min international standards required he is the inaugral European and World Record holder for the two lifts. Strangely he came second in the championships but got 2 world records!
Congratulations to him, bet you are both well pleased. Well done.

Yes chuffed is what we are. All rather unexpected really, he entered the Englsh championships this year expecting to get hammered having only been lifting seriously for a year. I knew he was strong but now he is alarmingly strong. Preperations were a anxiety, he was 1kg overwieght the day before so he had to starve for a day ( not the best preperation) . At weigh in he was still 0.1 Kg overweight so had to go for a jog around the block. Cocked up his last lift, his hand just gave way and took a lot of skin off, If he had made the last lift he would have won the championship.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Not sure if this is in any way exciting.

airwheel1.jpg

Maplin sell them: http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/airwheel-...W2_D3&utm_content=Cat-1&utm_campaign=16P02-07

Top Bottom