News too exciting for the 'Mundane News' thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hyslop

Veteran
For all those of you who enjoy a Ginger Nut with your drink,and have been deprived of late as a result of the flood damage to Mc Vities in Carlisle,weep no more.Within a few weeks,the shelves will be groaning with them as the cracker packers are.even now,stepping up their efforts to keep you all from starving!Mind you, this comes from our local rag,so it might be complete rubbish.:smile:

redvision95

Proffesional Biskit Eater Upper
I've been offered a very nice job.
35 hours per week. Canteen points if I cycle in every day.
Salaried. Decent salary and holidays too...

D

Deleted member 1258

One of my nieces works for them with their tenant farmers I think and seems to enjoy the role.

Now I'm retired I've been looking at their volunteer roles, they've got several places near me, but I've not seen anything I want to do yet.

Katherine

Guru
Now I'm retired I've been looking at their volunteer roles, they've got several places near me, but I've not seen anything I want to do yet.

Tell them what you would like to do / offer and how often /when, then see if they would like to use you. Sometimes they need extra help for special events, especially weekends and school holidays. Do you want to help clearing at piece of ground, maintaining an area that's prone to overgrowth especially rhododendrons, help in the ticket kiosk, learn about the property so you can do guiding, talk to the public.

Maybe you've already tried that. Hope you find something that you will enjoy doing.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear

There's not much I want to do since I retired.

mybike

OK, so I decided that I needed more inducement to move, I was getting too sedentary and the wife was moaning. So when I saw a Fitbit Orb for £15 in Sainsburys I thought I'd get one. Lasted a couple of weeks then popped out of the strap and was lost forever.

So I got a Garmin Vivofit and had great fun. Then I thought, what about loading my rides from my Etrex and worked out how.

Then I discovered that you could create segments on Garmin Connect, and there's one hill I want to conquer, so created a segment.

After some little time waiting for it to populate I now find Garmin have turned segments off, but don't tell you that.

Do Garmin care? (probably a rhetorical question)

Am I doomed? Will I buy a heart rate monitor and an Edge? Will I join Strava

Watch this space for the next exciting episode, or don't.

mybike

On a happier note ; my son rang me this evening to announce his engagement!! We won't see them until they get back from their holiday on the Irish West Coast. Apparently they were by a waterfall in the Killkenny national park.

So that took a bit of planning. My son proposed to his (now) wife in S Africa at sunset.

Top Bottom