News too exciting for the 'Mundane News' thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
Late morning is best, given the distance.
Going direct (minimise travel time given my bad back and instability to sit upright) you don't get much choice!

classic33

Leg End Member
1 flight a day at the same time every day. fly emirates or quantas and both leave within 10 mins of each other. Not much option there for time choices.
Both just gone. Cousin has done it for work and then come back on the next one a few times.

Actually the same aircraft used for both tonight

Last edited:
OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
Handed in our notice on our house last night...

Landlady took it well considering we are her longest staying tenants. Mind you I did start the explanation with '<insert name of OH here> has been offered a 3 year secondment to Australia and we have decided to take it...' when I handed over the written letter.

So that's job sorted, visas sorted (they don't even stamp your passport anymore, it's just a digital document now!), removal company sorted and flights planned but not yet booked. All we need to do now is move and notify everyone in the opposite order! Plus find somewhere in Australia to live and get an Aussie tax code to open a bank account with, move some money over and settle in...

An news adventure begins in less than 4 weeks time and I feel as prepared for this one as I did 5 years ago!

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear

Landlady took it well considering we are her longest staying tenants. Mind you I did start the explanation with '<insert name of OH here> has been offered a 3 year secondment to Australia and we have decided to take it...' when I handed over the written letter.

So that's job sorted, visas sorted (they don't even stamp your passport anymore, it's just a digital document now!), removal company sorted and flights planned but not yet booked. All we need to do now is move and notify everyone in the opposite order! Plus find somewhere in Australia to live and get an Aussie tax code to open a bank account with, move some money over and settle in...

An news adventure begins in less than 4 weeks time and I feel as prepared for this one as I did 5 years ago!

Still reading through that one.

classic33

Leg End Member

Aer Lingus fly to Australia! Non stop via Singapore.
The other way is on the Dreamliner

Last edited:
Top Bottom