News too exciting for the 'Mundane News' thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
First proper pedalling after my collapse last month. Static bike on 60% difficult setting.

18.52 miles (29.8 km) in an hour, max HR 132 and recovered back to resting in 30 minutes.

Quite pleased with that all told, not so much the recovery but a good start line to build back from.
Stop letting it play on the back of your mind.

On thursday my son became the World Powerlifting Congress, European Junior 100kg Raw Class Champion. He won with a 285kg squat, 160kg bench press and a 280kg deadlift. The deadlift was down on what he wanted because he twinged his back in the bench press. He was second overall against all 100Kg Raw classes. ( open, veteran etc) . Raw means no squat suits or bench shirts etc only kneee wraps and belts are allowed.
Strong lad, is my boy ^_^.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
On thursday my son became the World Powerlifting Congress, European Junior 100kg Raw Class Champion. He won with a 285kg squat, 160kg bench press and a 280kg deadlift. The deadlift was down on what he wanted because he twinged his back in the bench press. He was second overall against all 100Kg Raw classes. ( open, veteran etc) . Raw means no squat suits or bench shirts etc only kneee wraps and belts are allowed.
Congratulations, one proud Dad.

TVC

Yeahbut, can he get the lid off a jar of jam?

Congratulations to him.

gbb

Legendary Member
Not perhaps exciting but very satisfying....
My 2010 Astra has already reached 100k miles and therefore due a cambelt.
Duly done this afternoon, along with a new auxillary belt and oil and filter change.
Cost to me...
£80 for a belt and roller kit plus the aux belt and filter. Oil was free.
£10 sponsoring the garage owner for a walk hes doing, in lieu of the kind use of his facilities.
Donated our old but still good dining table and chairs to my son in law for his mechanic services...we had intended selling it for circa £100.

I can relax now, I hate having things pending, I like things put to bed.

classic33

Leg End Member
Not perhaps exciting but very satisfying....
My 2010 Astra has already reached 100k miles and therefore due a cambelt.
Duly done this afternoon, along with a new auxillary belt and oil and filter change.
Cost to me...
£80 for a belt and roller kit plus the aux belt and filter. Oil was free.
£10 sponsoring the garage owner for a walk hes doing, in lieu of the kind use of his facilities.
Donated our old but still good dining table and chairs to my son in law for his mechanic services...we had intended selling it for circa £100.

I can relax now, I hate having things pending, I like things put to bed.
You never sold the bed!!

Reactions: gbb
D

Deleted member 1258

Just back from a routine 57 mile ride to Middleton Hall that turned into a bit of an adventure. I got close enough to a bird of prey to reach up and touch it, I got lost at one point and I came back with wet feet.

D

Deleted member 1258

Said bird of prey grabbed you & dropped you in pond?

The junction of Station Rd and Hoggrills End Lane at Whitacre Heath was flooded, I wasn't to sure of my way through the little lanes on my right so I rode through it and it was deeper than expected. On the way back at the Fillongley road end of Kinwalsey lane as I climbed the hill through the woods a bird of prey flew out of the tree's on my right realised it had got company banked right and disappeared back into the tree's. It happened so quick I didn't get a good enough look at it to identify it. My guess is it was a Sparrowhawk.

gbb

Legendary Member
Welcome to the world Imogen, our grandaughter. :hello: On the way to see you for the first time tonight...nana still insisted on stopping off to buy more clothes, despite the last 6 months of buying clothes in readiness :wacko:...but what do I know, I'm just a fella, left to me it'd probably be ..oh I dont know...an apple or something ^_^
And so the clan grows...

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Welcome to the world Imogen, our grandaughter. :hello: On the way to see you for the first time tonight...nana still insisted on stopping off to buy more clothes, despite the last 6 months of buying clothes in readiness :wacko:...but what do I know, I'm just a fella, left to me it'd probably be ..oh I dont know...an apple or something ^_^
And so the clan grows...

It never gets better.

Reactions: gbb
D

Deleted member 1258

And so the clan grows...

Well done, my good Lady is forever buying stuff for our Granddaughter, we've got almost as many toys in the house as when our lads were small.

Top Bottom