News too exciting for the 'Mundane News' thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
tea break - doubt it. nobody every finds us and this is technically a private courtyard not a public road. Even the permitted right of way has ended (a bridlepath!)... how well, it's not as though much happens around here. :laugh:
Definitely on a tea break then.. don't want to be disturbed! Why don't you nip out with one of hubby's Yorkshire puds and ask them if it's criminal? :laugh:

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
mind you I have just realised that the last place we lived in, we said that as well... and as it turned out there was a brothel in the village :eek: (why didn't we know until after it was exposed?) and the house that was routinely mixed up with ours for having the same name but being in between the same village as ours and the next one over (we were in between the village and the previous village if that makes sense... so both had the same name and same 'half way between X and some where else address') anyhow the guy who lived in the house with the same name as ours went on to murder his wife, step-daughter and all their dogs (he was a dog breeder until he lost his licence for cruelty)... http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey-news/man-denies-shooting-murders-wife-7583012

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
Definitely on a tea break then.. don't want to be disturbed! Why don't you nip out with one of hubby's Yorkshire puds and ask them if it's criminal? :laugh:
they are terminal, nothing criminal about them until someone has eaten them - though they could easily be used as a Dr Who enemy.... that can murder you in your sleep, sorry drown you in your sleep with the latest batch!

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
mind you I have just realised that the last place we lived in, we said that as well... and as it turned out there was a brothel in the village :eek: (why didn't we know until after it was exposed?) and the house that was routinely mixed up with ours for having the same name but being in between the same village as ours and the next one over (we were in between the village and the previous village if that makes sense... so both had the same name and same 'half way between X and some where else address') anyhow the guy who lived in the house with the same name as ours went on to murder his wife, step-daughter and all their dogs (he was a dog breeder until he lost his licence for cruelty)... http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey-news/man-denies-shooting-murders-wife-7583012
:eek:

surfdude

Veteran

blimey and i thought Eastenders always had exaggerated story lines . seems like one of the writers lives near you

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
blimey and i thought Eastenders always had exaggerated story lines . seems like one of the writers lives near you
Tell us about it!

www.news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/4293669.stm

My oh was away from home when he heard the lines
"Turn down the little road so the village green and the Spar shop are on your right. We're down a long country road..."

Then...

The sex industry is not just confined to towns and cities. Elstead, a picturesque village in wealthy Surrey, has a tennis club, a riding club and a poodle parlour. It has also been the unlikely setting for a brothel.

At this point he rang me up and complained wanting to know why I hasn't told him about it! :laugh:

As for who lived near to us, well sandi toksvig was frequently seen in that same local spar! :huh:

:laugh:

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
not if you need the spare parts it isn't! just had to purchase a long cage derailleur and will probably have to get a Rohloff specific rear sprocket as well.. ££

raleighnut

Legendary Member
true but I also want to monitor my cadence more carefully and that needs the purchase of a new cadence sensor for the edge 500 because my old one is a combined unit and wants pedals to overlap with the rear wheel - tad difficult on a recumbent trike...
You could always go back to the old photography method, 1 Elephant, 2 Elephant, 3 Elephant etc. :giggle:

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
not if you need the spare parts it isn't! just had to purchase a long cage derailleur and will probably have to get a Rohloff specific rear sprocket as well.. ££

The rear derailleur is worse than mine but the back wheel is almost unused & the chainset looks OK, mine has a definite kink. Both the tyres look as if they haven't been used.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Noticed yesterday the sort of low mist hanging around here. Sun was warm but very cold wind. Off to take grandson to school, we'll see what it's like this AM.

Top Bottom