England : Hampshire New Date! Night Ride Around The Coast 2015 (August 21)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Eddie_C

Über Member
Provisional 'yes, please' from me - either date works at present. I'll probably ride over from Cowes.

Indeed so. No advance fare discounts, no real reason to buy in advance either. There's plenty of room for bikes on the car ferry even on the peak services for the Randonnee, let alone when we'll be going over. Plenty of room on the cat too.

Although bear in mind there can be a long queue to buy tickets at the port, so don't assume you can booze in Wetherspoons until 15 minutes before departure and then roll down the hill to get on board.

OP
OP
StuAff

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Although bear in mind there can be a long queue to buy tickets at the port, so don't assume you can booze in Wetherspoons until 15 minutes before departure and then roll down the hill to get on board.
Good point (it was tight on the recce).

OP
OP
StuAff

StuAff

Time for a bump....

I have a few days off before Normandy, so I intend to do both day and night recces then. If anyone wants to join me on either or even both, let me know. I can always do the night one on the 8th or 15th if that suits (making the ferry after work will not be a problem, the powered commuter sees to that...).
As for the main event, expressions of interest so far from.....
[S]@rb58[/S]
[S]@ianrauk[/S]
[S]@velovoice[/S] (@Flying Dodo?)
@mikeee
@Bollo
@JoeyB
@Eddie_C
[S]@Dogtrousers[/S]
@anothersam

Last edited:
OP
OP
StuAff

StuAff

I'm going to withdraw also Stu, sorry.
To be honest, I seem to be enjoying the rest from night rides for the moment.
Where's the smelling salts? :smile:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Sorry Stu, I'd forgotten all about this. I'll have my glassblower's hat on at the Stourbridge glass festival and the 2015 British Glass Biennale.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
You were always on my radar, so I'm still in Stu. I'll check on a possible +1. Only potential issue is that my BC membership renewal is proving to be a bit of a saga. I'm almost missing the CTC.

OP
OP
StuAff

StuAff

I can only apologise to anyone who has already booked train and/or ferry tickets for this, but it's off, for the time being. Thought it best to give everyone as much notice as possible. I was intending to do the day recce on Monday. Little prang in Ostend and overnight hospital stay put paid to that. Weather forecast for this weekend looks unfavourable, early predictions for the following weekend are even worse. One way or another I will be spending some time abroad in a couple of weeks, which takes more opportunities off the menu... Given the moving target that is Wight Roads' roadworks I'm not going to run the ride if I haven't given the route a thorough evaluation, as last year at least two recces, day and night. The chances of me doing so look even at this stage increasingly remote, so May 29 is off. I'll try and give some thought to a new date.
Sorry, all.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Just read the ride report/episode of Holbystad in the FNRttK thread. Shizzle man, take it easy! No problem with the ride postponement.

Top Bottom