England : Isle of Wight Night Ride Around the Coast 2016 (June 3)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
StuAff

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Exciting news. I've had a message from over the water, apologising for the delay and passing on an expression of interest from a very suitable venue. So, fingers crossed, there might be a (very nice) roof over our heads for the halfway stop.

If this sounds a bit cagey, well, for one thing chickens are not being counted until they've hatched, and for another, if it does come off it'll be worth the wait to hear.....;)

OP
OP
StuAff

StuAff

The comic gets something (mostly*) right for once
http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news...-the-isle-of-wight-is-simply-brilliant-211485

*The IOW Randonnee now runs clockwise every year.

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
The comic gets something (mostly*) right for once
http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news...-the-isle-of-wight-is-simply-brilliant-211485

*The IOW Randonnee now runs clockwise every year.

Did they edit this bit then?

"The Isle of Wight Randonee takes place in May every year. The route used to alternate between a clockwise and an anti-clockwise route, but due to the event’s popularity it now only runs clockwise to avoid large queues at the Cowes-East Cowes Floating Bridge.
Read more at http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news...s-simply-brilliant-211485#KgS6vLR123KjmJOZ.99"

OP
OP
StuAff

StuAff

OP
OP
StuAff

StuAff

Right, the exciting news. This is not confirmed and will undoubtedly be dependent on numbers, but for that, ladies and gentlemen, I will need your help (i.e. I need you to cease procrastinating and sign up!!) hence I hope this little nugget will encourage you to stop faffing and start registering.....
Subject to it being worth their while etc, there will be a halfway stop.......drumroll please......

The Royal British Legion Club, Ventnor.

Now, these fine people do not want to get out of bed for half-a-dozen riders, nor would I want them to. They're going to see if they can drum up support over there, and I'll be dropping the local CTC group the Wayfarers a line. But if you want there to be a halfway stop, you need to sign up- and if I get a load of newbies, I'll be wanting at least a few regulars to keep everything running well.

What are your numbers so far, Stu? And what's the minimum you need, for the RBLC to play ball?

OP
OP
StuAff

StuAff

What are your numbers so far, Stu? And what's the minimum you need, for the RBLC to play ball?
I don't know how many they need- communication from them has been very sporadic. As for numbers, one taker from the posting over on YACF, apart from that everyone's who's expressed an interest on this thread.
(Not many then!)

Stu
Call me thick or Slow even i don't mind but is the crossing to IOW 23:59 June 2nd or June 3rd need to look at holiday list at work tuesday as i could well be up for this ride.
Cheers.

OP
OP
StuAff

StuAff

Stu
Call me thick or Slow even i don't mind but is the crossing to IOW 23:59 June 2nd or June 3rd need to look at holiday list at work tuesday as i could well be up for this ride.
Cheers.
No problem Nige, would be great to have you along. Friday, June 3. June 2 crossing would result in riding on Friday 'morning'.

Top Bottom