FNRttC Night Ride Cardiff to Swansea Friday 18th September

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User482

We depart the Millenium Centre in Cardiff at midnight (meeting 11.30pm latest), fortified by local encouragement, and head up to the A48 as far as Bonvilston. We then hit quiet lanes and gentle climbs on to Llantwit Major, and if we’re lucky we’ll see the moon shimmering on the sea as we pass by, gently wafted by the prevailing easterly breeze.

After the stop at Ogmore-by-Sea we have a few more hills, but regular Fridays note that there’s nothing to compare with the set piece climbs of Turner’s Hill or Ditchling Beacon.

The end of the journey is – in many people’s estimation - the finest finish of any Fridays route: the path round Swansea Bay to Monaco Mumbles, taking breakfast by the pier. About 65 miles in total.

This an official FNRttC: expect a convivial pace, waymarkers, Tail End Charlies and a 3am stop for food and a brew. We re-group every few miles and no-one gets left behind. Experienced riders are on hand to deal with mechanicals and punctures, and make sure you don’t get lost. Stuff you need to know is here (courtesy of Trickedem)

Trains back east are plentiful with mainline trains having space for six bikes. Take the opportunity for some post-breakfast re-hydration so we don’t all go to the station at once.

Want to sign up? Of course you do. Email me at nightrideswansea@gmail.com (no email, no ride), giving:

Name

CTC membership number

Phone number

Confirmation that you have visited here and have read and understood “the basics”

If you’re not a CTC member, then you can join as an affiliate for just £18. Visit the CTC's website using code 90044140

This is theclaud, our esteemed Welsh correspondent’s ride, but I’m doing the admin this time. We’ll recce the route in advance and post back on this thread with any updates.

Last edited by a moderator:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Email sent.

OP
OP
U

User482

Claudine C
Gordon P
Steve R
Stuart A

Last edited by a moderator:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
As with rb58, am out for the same reason.

frank9755

Cyclist
Would like to have come, but we've got my mother in law coming over that weekend, to show her the Lake District, so I can't think of a way to combine those two.

Top Bottom