Night Ride Carlisle - Newcastle 19-Sep-2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
@AndyRM Were you thinking of getting the one that gets to Carlisle just few mins before 11?

I was indeed. Should allow me to arrive just on time.

OP
OP
mcshroom

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
I always give the warning that you can't book bikes onto that train, and it's often a pacer with very limited bike space, so depending on how many other riders are thinking the same someone may end up disappointed if they're stranded at Newcastle.

AndyRM

XOXO
Yeah, I'm far too familiar with that particular sh!tepile of a train, having used it to commute for a year. Been lucky in the past with decent guards who don't mind loadsa bikes.

DefBref

Über Member
Leave booked, so I'm commited now.

Just looking at the trains, what time and where is everyone meeting? I've don't actually know any of you by sight so will assume If I find a load of cyclists at the station I will be on the right track!

Looks like the last train from Whitehaven gets in about twenty to ten. I would consider cycling it, but dont want to turn it in to a 120 mile ride instead of a 60 mile ride. (Already done that^_^)

I know Mcshroom would be coming from the west coast but his current condition means hes driving, is anybody else catching the train from out here?

Please may I register an interest in this? No worries if it is too late.

Mice :hello:

Top Bottom