Night Ride London to Brighton, 5th Sept - NOW CLOSED

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A small but select group collecting at HPC including Adrian who's clearly popped over from work.

Attachments

• 20140905_234540.jpg
    20140905_234540.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 51

kimble

Veteran
Excellent ride, marred only by knee trouble (too many Welsh mountains earlier in the week) and getting spat at (blinding me, at speed) on the way home.

Tim Hall

Excellent ride, marred only by knee trouble (too many Welsh mountains earlier in the week) and getting spat at (blinding me, at speed) on the way home.
Bloody hell kimble, that's more than a bit horrid. On a brighter note, that's a brilliant recumbent rider's tan you have (front of legs only!).

theclaud

Openly Marxist

FFS!

ianmac62

Guru
Many thanks to @redfalo for an excellent ride! And to you all for your excellent company!

Eighty miles for me door-to-door which brought me past 30,000 miles since I started counting. Not a great amount by the awesome standards and achievement of nearly all of my Fridays' friends - but you won't get the smile off my face for some time.

Thanks again for your companionship!

kimble

Veteran
Bloody hell! Hope you're feeling fine now!

More angry than wibbly, now, which is probably an improvement.

(I initially thought it was a gravel-shattered lens or very unlucky bird poo strike, which would have been just as wibble-inducing, happening as it did on a busy dual carriageway with an abundance of potholes.)

Knee (or more precisely, adjacent bits of overworked muscle that keep the foot pointing in the right direction) is going to need some time off the bike, I think. Only hurts on the stairs.

OP
OP
redfalo

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
I don't recall Mr Benn using quite such profane language as I am told was employed on the beacon.
it's all whitewashed by the historians. After 3hrs of sleep, i'm off to a party (feeling dreadful at the moment) thanks for your fine company, really a splendid night out, albeit some key people were missed... more detailled account to follow on Sunday

cheers Olaf

Top Bottom