No lights or reflectives on a dark busy road in the rain.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
[QUOTE 4197227, member: 259"]I'm sure, but I was referring to the quotation I made,, which was pretty bloody obvious. It was:

"So a driver makes an error of judgement and that is understandable, but when a cyclist does so it never is? All the excuses seem to run one way in cases like this, usually among people who love their cars a lot."

Which was absolutely not what Drago said. I'm far from being his apologist, but he didn't say that.[/QUOTE]
So you keep saying. It's like we're in a cavern.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
How Sad that a young lad gets himself a job then it ends in such a tragedy.

I ride the A403 quite often. Its OK to get from A to B but the heavy amount of HGV traffic makes it unpleasant.
On a dark Wet night with no lights I wouldn't ride it or any similar road for a million pounds.

Very very sad. It's an awful road. I work at the power station between Pilning and the Hallen turn off, and its one of the very few sections of road that I would support segregation on.
There is a massive programme of upgrading on the A403 currently in progress that includes new cycle paths and upgrades to the existing ones.
http://severnnet.org/workareas/tran...andrews-road-and-a403-highway-reconstruction/
and TBF the ones that have been finished are decent enough.

Having said all that I see loads of so called ninja cyclists. seeing being the operative word, my car has lights. unless this chap magically appeared from nowhere, I would place the blame on the driver. i don't for one minute suppose he meant to do it, but not stopping? When he hit something substantial enough to cause "significant damage". come on, he had to ask his boss to take him back, how badly was his vehicle damaged?

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I normally see ninja cyclists.... But I don't know why I find that area really dark..... For example at the roundabout your car and lights aren't pointing to where traffic is coming from though luckily it's pretty rare for cyclists to come across there as you can cross further up in the underpass. I would like to see street lights at the roundabout at least. And given the speed of that road and the high number of lorries on that road I agree it would be good to have an alternative cycle path/footpath for people in that area.

I normally see ninja cyclists.... But I don't know why I find that area really dark..... For example at the roundabout your car and lights aren't pointing to where traffic is coming from though luckily it's pretty rare for cyclists to come across there as you can cross further up in the underpass. I would like to see street lights at the roundabout at least. And given the speed of that road and the high number of lorries on that road I agree it would be good to have an alternative cycle path/footpath for people in that area.
The speed limit is coming down, at least by the station and the new wasteburner, it's going to be 40 I believe.
The lorries are a fact of life there, as it's from the port to the rest area at Aust & there are large numbers of tipper trucks from various companies along that road.

Top Bottom