No Wiggo for TDF, WTF!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/27729769

"Britain's Sir Bradley Wiggins says he will not be competing in this year's Tour de France "as things stand".

The 34-year-old four-time Olympic gold medallist won the Tour in 2012, but was absent last year as countryman and Team Sky colleague Chris Froome triumphed"

Wiggins told BBC Breakfast: "The team is focused around Chris Froome.

"I am gutted. I feel I am in the form I was two years ago. Now if I want to go to the Tour again, the reality is that I might have to go elsewhere.

-------------------------------------

He should do a Cav and Leave team Sky.

U

User169

Yeah! Another Wiggo/Froome thread.

U

User169

no - its a no wiggo at tdf thread - he's one of the best british riders if not the best of our time. i for one is gutted he's not going to ride the TDF ever again in sky colors

Yebbut, there are already about 6 threads on this!

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Yebbut, there are already about 6 threads on this!
nope - on the first page of pro cycling there is no wiggins in tdf threads - this is the only one

there are numerous debate threads of whether he would be in the team or not and debates around team sky - but no wiggo thread

upload_2014-6-6_10-47-1.png

just for clarity

U

User169

:rolleyes:

I don't suppose we're going to agree on this, but I just don't get the obsession with Wiggins, seemingly to the exclusion of anything else to do with pro-racing.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Should we start a thread about how many threads they should have?

I wonder how to read that ''as things stand'' bit, and whether there will be a reassessment based on his Tour de Suisse performances. He does look a bit sidelined, though.

jarlrmai

Veteran
Perhaps it's because he's the 1st Briton to win the greatest road race there is?

Ok he's not at the Tdf but he is doing the Tour De Suisse, will almost certainly be riding track at the Commonwealth games, may well be at Vuelta or ToB, in the meantime the TdF is shaping up to be a cracker, Contador in the best form since he was on different steak, Valverde in his pantomine dame role, Nibali hopefully in the form that won him the Giro last year, Rodriguez possibly there to mix things up, Horner back out of his corner, Mollema, Ten Dam, Van Garderen and that's just most of the GC. Over on the sprinters side, it's going to be the best competition since last year, KIttel, Cav, Greipel, Degenkolb plus a host of others and Sagan going for the Green. It'll be great.

Top Bottom