No10 Petition thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bicycle

I think it is admirable for people to get stuck into campaigns. I used to do similar things (24-Hour pickets on South Africa House in the 80s and King Charles Street in the 90s seeking intervention in the Balkans).

However, this thing with the 100,000-signature petition strikes me as 'rule by nerd'. I do not mean this to put people off in any way (and I'm sure it won't) but it's just not for me.

As it happens, I think the law stands pretty well at present as far as the roads are concerned. I think most of the electorate are happy with things as they are, which is part of my understanding of how a democracy ought to work.

Nonetheless, I wish all assocuiated with this ePetition all the success they desire.

And a Happy New Year to one and all.

sheddy

Legendary Member
As our resident campaigning wordsmiths are busy, here's one to be going on with -
http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/1519

marafi

Rolling down the hills with the bike.
If they started having the Dutch style cycle paths and lanes. Then i am in! Hopefully soon they will realize it. I think it is because there is not enough children on their bikes like a few years ago in Amsterdam's history. The Dutch style cycle lanes are BRILLIANT.

Top Bottom