Purchasing an item in the EU

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Long story short my electric garage door opener is OOO. I’ve found a replacement motor for it but it’s Germany . €90 delivered ! Is there a limit as to when import duty kicks in ?

vickster

Legendary Member
Long story short my electric garage door opener is OOO. I’ve found a replacement motor for it but it’s Germany . €90 delivered ! Is there a limit as to when import duty kicks in ?
Want to say £145 but Google will confirm for you ;)

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Want to say £145 but Google will confirm for you ;)

Ooh if that’s the limit before duty is paid then this might be a goer! It’s a Hormann unit which is decent quality ! Buying brand new is problematic as a lot of online shops only deal with trade .

rualexander

Legendary Member
You may of course have VAT and handling fees to pay on top of the advertised price if the seller is not registered to collect the VAT at their end.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I detest predictive text or in this case guessomatic text !! Should have read potential !

You can edit the titles of threads that you started. Just click Edit at the bottom of the first post and you have the opportunity to edit both the content of the post and its title.

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Ok thread edited and to update , my new garage door motor arrived . Had to do a bit of cable connector modifying . However all working as it should . All in cost €50 + €26 postage . Same motor in Blighty , £150 upwards or second of eBay for an about hundred . It’s a German made and about 30yrs old , so not bad .
Maybe got lucky with vat and import etc but who cares now !!

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Ok thread edited and to update , my new garage door motor arrived . Had to do a bit of cable connector modifying . However all working as it should . All in cost €50 + €26 postage . Same motor in Blighty , £150 upwards or second of eBay for an about hundred . It’s a German made and about 30yrs old , so not bad .
Maybe got lucky with vat and import etc but who cares now !!

Nah at that price no import duty or vat applies

Top Bottom