Nokia Maps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

Does anyone know how I can remove (copy) the map file from the fone's mem. card (512kb) I bought to an existing Sandisk 2gb mem. card. I'm copying it literally but for some reason upon placing the card (2gb) in the phone the maps do not start :tongue:

I had to buy a new phone as I cracked the last fones screen & their was no way of replacing it even though it as a bloody fine model. And this Nokia has maps on it !

I'm having to use the Nokia PC suite (which is a bit problematic instead of just going thru' My Comp)

I had to buy a new phone as I cracked the last fones screen & their was no way of replacing it even though it as a bloody fine model. And this Nokia (6600) has maps on it ! - I can get lost on occasion - part of the fun of cycling. :biggrin:

The reason I want to put it on the bigger card is thats whats got all my sounds on...

Simples :biggrin:

So can anyone 'elp me :smile:

bonj2

You could TRY looking at the memory card as a drive in windows explorer (it comes up as F: or G: or something) and copying the files that are on there
but i fear it may not be as simple as that as they may have locked it down with licensing...

Try asking nokia support. They will get back to you. Whether the answer will be intelligible or not is anybody's guess...

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

bonj said:
You could TRY looking at the memory card as a drive in windows explorer (it comes up as F: or G: or something) and copying the files that are on there
but i fear it may not be as simple as that as they may have locked it down with licensing...

Try asking nokia support. They will get back to you. Whether the answer will be intelligible or not is anybody's guess...

Thanks Bonj !!!!!!!

Saying the above though I had a bit of a job getting the wap to work - went back the CPW & they sorted the settings ! :angry:

bonj2

bloody hell i realised today that in formattin the memory card i borrowed from my phone to test my new garmin i've wiped nokia maps off it! :becool: shoot AND bloody garmin want me to call an american number to stand a chance of getting my europe city maps license working on my new device...but that's another story...christ gps's are a pain in the arse sometimes!
you manage to get you navigation license transferred yenners or haven't you got that?

Bman

Guru
STOP!

You can still recover *most* if not all data on that Flash Media if you dont put any more data on it!

Plenty of windows apps out there that can recover files from a memory card. Done it a few times myself. However, ive never been able to find one that does this for free, (or without using a crack :laugh: )

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

bonj said:
bloody hell i realised today that in formattin the memory card i borrowed from my phone to test my new garmin i've wiped nokia maps off it! :angry: shoot AND bloody garmin want me to call an american number to stand a chance of getting my europe city maps license working on my new device...but that's another story...christ gps's are a pain in the arse sometimes!
you manage to get you navigation license transferred yenners or haven't you got that?

As for the 'navigation license' - on the model I have the maps are pre-installed on the 512 card BUT for the life of me I cannot get the dam thing to copy over to a Sandisk 2gb card - a move which should'nt be problem as I may want to buy a bigger card for example...

Though I can enable a network connection and it downloads the maps - though that bleeds the £'sssssss :rolleyes:

If I could get it to move/copy i'd happily send it ya pal !

bonj2

ah - I put it back in and it seems it's still got it on it! how it escaped the formatting i don't know..

Top Bottom