Nokia N96 - any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaun

Founder
My trusty, but aging Nokia N80 is going to be upgraded and I've found a good deal on an N96.

Anyone got one? What do you think of it?

Cheers,
Shaun :tongue:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
These folk are normally pretty good for reviews;

http://www.mobile-phones-uk.org.uk/nokia-n96.htm

All About Symbian have a typically in depth review too;

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/reviews/item/Nokia_N961.php

If you want, or don't mind a "candy bar" type phone, the N82 is really good - I've been hugely impressed by mine.

yenrod

Aint that the phone that can do everything 'cept buy you a drink and give you a good time in bed ???????????

:tongue:

Not sure if i'd have one but ive a Series 40 Nokia (3600) and am well pleased with it ! Its got MAPS application which ive not used yet BUT when i do get myself 'bigtime worryingly lost' then i know its there. :sad:

Nokia's are pretty good but Samsung have crept up as have SonyErickson...though for the little things Nokia are still the leader !

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Depends what you want from the 'phone, Yenrod. Imo, Nokia are ahead at the moment in terms of the GPS functionality &c. Once the OVI store is up and running, I suspect they'll have a better applications platform too, as there are no restrictions on competing (in the sense that they compete with Nokia) applications &c &c.

I chose the phone (N82) mostly for the GPS and Sports Tracker functionality, but the podcasting app, excellent camera and a host of other things lead me to rate it way above any 'phone I've owned up to now. The inbuilt capability to use Wi-Fi connection makes using data intensive applications a lot easier on the wallet too.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Try the Samsung i8510 - my first non-Nokia since my first mobile in 1999. S60 operating system so totally familiar to Nokia users (I came to it from an N80) and you can use the same apps you're used to.

AllAboutSymbian (well, Raef from AAS) rated it very highly (above the N96 iirc).

(There's an AllAboutSymbian cycling connection too as Ewan Spence is a fellow Leither and cycles everywhere :blush:)

Top Bottom