Non-alcoholic ginger beer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
Can you define ‘everywhere’ please.

Both Sainsburys and Asda in my area haven’t had any in stock since 2020. The local Tesco sells their own brand but only in a 4 pack of 330ml cans and not the 2 litre bottle I’d prefer.

Just get the cans then and stop splitting hairs?
Cans are better as a bottle of fizzy pop soon goes flat if you dont drink it all at once.

Just get the cans then and stop splitting hairs?
Cans are better as a bottle of fizzy pop soon goes flat if you dont drink it all at once.

The Tesco stuff, that I can get, isn’t very good plus it’s an expensive way to buy i.

I’ve succumbed to buying this online in a 24 can pack as it’s decent and better value.

IMG_0514.jpeg

Last edited:

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Idris used to do a very good Ginger Beer. But I only see Old Jamaica now. All my local Tesco and Morrisons do their own brand which isn't bad either, and quite cheap. I can only guess that it's far more popular in Scotland which is why there's a shortage? Or maybe some have given up Irn Bru for lent, and switched to ginger beer

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Idris used to do a very good Ginger Beer. But I only see Old Jamaica now. All my local Tesco and Morrisons do their own brand which isn't bad either, and quite cheap. I can only guess that it's far more popular in Scotland which is why there's a shortage? Or maybe some have given up Irn Bru for lent, and switched to ginger beer

Or there's less demand and hence the supermarkets don't stock it. They always seem to stop the things that I like best.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Where has it all gone?

I regularly bought 2 litre bottles of non-alcoholic ginger beer, both at during normal supermarket shopping and also at the M&S Food outlet where I work. Then the pandemic started and manufacturer, in many areas, reduced their range to mai production during that period.

However, in some cases, the full range of options is yet to return, if it ever will. So far there is no sign of ginger beer making a return in 2 litre (or even the 1.5 litre) bottles.

What’s disappeared, as a result of the pandemic, from your usual supermarket habits?

Recommend that you make friends with some local Jamaicans. However, beware, as the home brewed stuff is a lot more potent than you find in stores, even if it is non-alcoholic.
🤯

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Many years ago I made a gallon of Ginger Beer..
It fermented so well that, after a cold pint of it, I fell over in the garden....
You are supposed to add yeast, aren't you? 🤔 😂

Top Bottom