England : Bristol North Bristolians...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Anyone up for a bimble around the lanes north of Bristol next Saturday (19th November), weather permitting? Or we can set a different date.

A possible route is shown below - 40 miles, mostly flat. I use the term 'bimble' advisedly - maybe 12 mph average speed?

We could meet at Almondsbury, as the people I know in the area (@summerdays, @Archeress, @Arjimlad) can all make it to there reasonably easily. If we go anticlockwise, we could stop in Berkeley for cake.

Open to any other suggestions for dates, meeting points and routes.

OP
OP
Spinney

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Doh - here's the possible route. And Sat or Sun would be fine for me.
upload_2016-11-12_12-31-21.png

Cyclome

Anyone up for a bimble around the lanes north of Bristol next Saturday (19th November), weather permitting? Or we can set a different date.

A possible route is shown below - 40 miles, mostly flat. I use the term 'bimble' advisedly - maybe 12 mph average speed?

We could meet at Almondsbury, as the people I know in the area (@summerdays, @Archeress, @Arjimlad) can all make it to there reasonably easily. If we go anticlockwise, we could stop in Berkeley for cake.

Open to any other suggestions for dates, meeting points and routes.
I'm working next weekend but if you do a ride the following weekend would love to join

OP
OP
Spinney

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
I'm working next weekend but if you do a ride the following weekend would love to join
I'm away the following weekend, but if this goes well I'll try to organise some more. Plenty of scope for pleasant rides up around Tetbury and Malmesbury too. 3rd or 4th December is a possiblity if folks can't make next weekend.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I might be OK to come out in the morning but we have dinner guests later on & I need to cook... so if it's early enough start I could be free ? Thank you ! :okay:

OP
OP
Spinney

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
OK, not sure if summerdays is free yet - will post again on Thurs to discuss weather and timing etc.
If we go clockwise we could stop in Wickwar for a cake, and if you are running late you could peel off at that point?

the_mikey

Legendary Member
I'm not likely to get the day off but looks like a nice enough route, hope you enjoy your day out :smile:

Top Bottom