Norwich 7th May The day my bike got stolen.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

openroad

Well the day started of well with a good bike ride then went to meet my mum for a coffee.Locked my bike up on Fye Bridge in Norwich and popped into The King of Hearts Cafe opposite to where I had locked my bike.Walked to get my bikejust over an hour later. and all I found was the sliced threw lock on the floor.

snorri

Legendary Member
You have my sympathy:sad::sad:.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Have you reported it to the police? There is CCTV around there, I believe. I was only just up the road from you at Sackville Place (opp St Saviours) all afternoon. So sorry to read this. Some people are just total scumbags.
I know that plod are useless towards stolen bikes as a rule, but you never know your luck.

Can you put a pic up on here, of your bike, us locals can keep a bit of a look out in the second hand shops and gumtree etc.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Hope you kept the sliced lock.

Some insurance companies like to see it before paying a claim.

Word reaches me some thieves take the lock they've smashed with them.

Not because they want it, but because they know it may make it harder for the victim to get a claim paid.

OP
OP
openroad

openroad

This is my bike or was!!
10366209_1578170625769825_6759046043080070849_n.jpg

OP
OP
openroad

openroad

Have you reported it to the police? There is CCTV around there, I believe. I was only just up the road from you at Sackville Place (opp St Saviours) all afternoon. So sorry to read this. Some people are just total scumbags.
I know that plod are useless towards stolen bikes as a rule, but you never know your luck.

Can you put a pic up on here, of your bike, us locals can keep a bit of a look out in the second hand shops and gumtree etc.

OP
OP
openroad

openroad

Yes reported it to the police don't hold out much hope suppose you never know.Has put put me of taking a bike into Norwich.I entered the Norwich 100 and it's not going to stop me.Thanks for your reply

OP
OP
openroad

openroad

Hi on FYE BRIDGE there are 3 bike spaces, every now and again I looked out of the coffee shop window and could see my bike.I will replace it, last time I had a bike stolen was when I went strawberry picking to earn some money when I was a teenager so on the bright side it's been a while.

OP
OP
openroad

openroad

Hope you kept the sliced lock.

Some insurance companies like to see it before paying a claim.

Word reaches me some thieves take the lock they've smashed with them.

Not because they want it, but because they know it may make it harder for the victim to get a claim paid.

OP
OP
openroad

openroad

I was so cross that I threw the lock in the bin which was next to where Ihad locked my bike, so tommorow I'll go and see if it's still there thanks.

Mrs M

Guru
Sorry to hear this. :sad:
Quite a distinctive bike with the purple bar tape.
Can you post on local Facebook news page to put word around?
Someone will have seen something.
Hope,you get it back in good condition.

Top Bottom