England : Cambridgeshire Not a Christmas Friday Night ride - 11th December

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tim Hall

Theoretical question, slightly disconnected from this thread. If I have a rail network card that expires on Friday 6th, and I buy my ticket to Cambridge with it before then, is the discounted ticket still valid on the day we travel?
If it's a Network card, don't the discounts only apply at weekends? Travelling friday won't get a discount.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
If it's a Network card, don't the discounts only apply at weekends? Travelling friday won't get a discount.
No, discounts apply after 10am weekdays too, but there's a £13 minimum fare then. Details are at the easy-to-remember web address http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/pr7247c51b004c0eaf22feb85a4e1793.aspx

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
OK then - 1 week to go, and the (amended) list of reprobates is as follows:-

Me
Dogtrousers
Frank9755
rb58
AKA Bob
ianrauk
Mark Grant
Tim Hall
ozboz
ozboz junior
Eddie C
CharlieB
redflightUK
GordonP
JonBuoy (but only if it's nice weather)
robjh

Possibles:
User13710?
StephenC?
anotherSam?
tatr?

Last edited:

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
@GordonP what train are you thinking of catching may join you for the journey to Cambridge

Gordon P

There's no Calvados? I'll have a beer or a whisky
@GordonP what train are you thinking of catching may join you for the journey to Cambridge
I haven't got to that yet - been busy all day with various things & walking 20 miles tomorrow. Will sort it Sunday or Monday & let you know? (but you said something about 2240? I shall bear that in mind. Although ideal would be get to Cambridge in time for a coffee before the night begins.....

Yes, this ride is looking a bit boy-heavy and fast-cyclist dominated for me. I think it's only fair, from what you're saying, to say that it's very unlikely I'll be coming along. I don't think I'd really enjoy a 70-mile ride at the moment, having been kept off the bike a fair bit by the weather, and the forecast currently is for a near-freezing early morning. Sorry!!
We are 100% on the same wavelength! I've been on the bike a decent amount but it's been hard work in these winds. I know a group of lads (only) can maintain a higher average moving pace so am inclined to just leave them to it.

A night ride in December was never really going to be a usual FNR, was it. If there'd been an unusual warming in the weather, as there was in November, then maybe, but this is looking like a hard ride I think. It's still a route I want to do, as I lived in Cambridge once for a short while many moons ago.
You're right - it's not a usual FNR but @Flying Dodo's once-traditional annual Xmas night ride.

Top Bottom