Not a Cycling thing...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

..but I was walking down road this eve..and I walked out into a a one-way road and looked up at the last min. and the female cardriver was texting someone...its a good job i looked up and checked.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
(shakes head in a manly way...) those women, Yenners, you've got to look out for them...

tyred

Legendary Member
I don't wish to start an argument about this but from my own observations, young women are the worst culprits for texting while driving. I see it all the time. My own 21 year old cousin has written off two cars already from doing this and still insists she can watch the road and text at the same time.

Arch

Married to Night Train
tyred said:
I don't wish to start an argument about this but from my own observations, young women are the worst culprits for texting while driving. I see it all the time. My own 21 year old cousin has written off two cars already from doing this and still insists she can watch the road and text at the same time.

Hmm. I wonder if young women generally text more anyway, and it's just carrying across into being a pillock at the wheel, in proportion? I have no idea, I just suddenly wondered if a certain type of young woman is more chatty than a young man.

Still makes them pillocks.

Still, you have to look anyway, crossing the road. I always check both ways, even on one way streets, mainly, I regret to say, because of errant cyclists...

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Arch said:
Hmm. I wonder if young women generally text more anyway, and it's just carrying across into being a pillock at the wheel, in proportion? I have no idea, I just suddenly wondered if a certain type of young woman is more chatty than a young man.

Still makes them pillocks.

Still, you have to look anyway, crossing the road. I always check both ways, even on one way streets, mainly, I regret to say, because of errant cyclists...

The thing was Arch - she was going slow yet no big engine sounds and so I was listening for the sounds - ok, I know I was in the wrong but the girl should not've been looking down and texting whilst in control of a vehicle I caould have been a young mother in a rush to get a train (as I was by liverpool lime street - main train station in l.pool).

Its not right and as tyred says - some think they are fine even though they are blatantly putting lives at risk ! :biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
yenrod said:
The thing was Arch - she was going slow yet no big engine sounds and so I was listening for the sounds - ok, I know I was in the wrong but the girl should not've been looking down and texting whilst in control of a vehicle I caould have been a young mother in a rush to get a train (as I was by liverpool lime street - main train station in l.pool).

Its not right and as tyred says - some think they are fine even though they are blatantly putting lives at risk ! :biggrin:

Did I not say she and all the others who do this are pillocks?

And a young mother with a pram in a rush to get a train should still look. Not looking doesn't save you time if you get run over.

And if she was going slow, so 'no big engine noise', then you'd not have heard her, whether she was texting or not...

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Oh.......... flippin Ipod Ped as well...sheesh Yenners.... :smile::biggrin:

Speck

Oldest Teenager In Town
yenrod said:
I caould have been a young mother in a rush to get a train (as I was by liverpool lime street - main train station in l.pool).

It was probably Maggie May:biggrin:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
tyred said:

How are they still on the road? 2x those offences = 12points.

tyred

Legendary Member
marinyork said:
How are they still on the road? 2x those offences = 12points.

She was never actually caught doing it. There were no other vehicles involved in either accident.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
That's pretty lucky. Suppose it wasn't reported to the police. I thought it was routine to check phone records for any accident. When I was learning to drive one of my instructor's former pupils had just passed their test a few weeks before I did and got caught in a mobile offence such as that and was disqualified under the New Drivers Act, apparently a second pupil just got caught being on the phone.

tyred

Legendary Member
I would have thought parking a Fiat Uno upside down in someone's field would be a good lesson in why texting while driving isn't such a good idea but what do I know. Anyone can make a mistake, the important thing is what you can learn from it IMO.

Top Bottom