Not enough sleep?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

speccy1

I`m wondering............

I have a busy job, and as a result, I try to make the evenings as long as possible, so more often than not I am retiring to bed at about 1am, only to be awoken by the alarm (bastard thing LOL!) at 6.10am. I cycle to work too which is 23 miles round trip, but I always look tired and drawn, with "bags" under my eyes.

Am I staying up too late? If so what is a good time to call it a day? So many people have told me I look "run down" lately, and it`s starting to make me think..............

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Too late in my opinion.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
The alarm goes off here at 6:20 though I'm normally awake before that, and I go to bed about now. Yesterday it was before 10, and staying up till 1 would have to to be out seeing friends to be back in that late. So unless you are one of those who needs very little sleep I'd say that's not enough.

LocalLad

Youre getting about 5 hours sleep.

Are you continually tired? If yes, then you need more sleep. If no, that's fine.

OP
OP
speccy1

speccy1

Youre getting about 5 hours sleep.

Are you continually tired? If yes, then you need more sleep. If no, that's fine.
I don`t feel to bad in myself, but in the mirror I look shot, not really sure what to do for the best. If I go to bed at 10pm it feels too early.............

pclay

Veteran
Should be in bed by 22:00 if the alarm goes off at 06:10. You should get enough sleep, you will feel better for it. I bet you are yawning all day?

screenman

Legendary Member
An hour before 12 is worth 2 after. I bed at 11pm and alarm goes off at 5am I swim 2k 4 mornings a week before work, like you I also work long and hard. I am 60 in 6 weeks, maybe you need less sleep as you get older.

OP
OP
speccy1

speccy1

Should be in bed by 22:00 if the alarm goes off at 06:10. You should get enough sleep, you will feel better for it. I bet you are yawning all day?
It never stops, LOL!

OP
OP
speccy1

speccy1

An hour before 12 is worth 2 after. I bed at 11pm and alarm goes off at 5am I swim 2k 4 mornings a week before work, like you I also work long and hard. I am 60 in 6 weeks, maybe you need less sleep as you get older.
Interesting.................

My normal start time sees my alarm go off at 6.45am, but I often have to start earlier which puts my alarm to 5.45am and even on occasion 4.45am.

Regardless of time though I usually go to bed around 11pm during the week but mess on my tablet until about midnight, and I can confirm that for me I don't get enough sleep this way, but it's become a balance of family/Wifey time v's sleep time, so I suck it up and get on with it.

I'd say you need a few more zzzz's speccy, and if you find a way to achieve it please let me know :okay:

alicat

Legendary Member
A separate question is whether you are getting enough 'doing nothing' time. Couple of clues that ring alarm bells for your general health - 'I have a busy job'. 'I try to make the evenings as long as possible'.

OP
OP
speccy1

speccy1

A separate question is whether you are getting enough 'doing nothing' time. Couple of clues that ring alarm bells for your general health - 'I have a busy job'. 'I try to make the evenings as long as possible'.
That`s debatable, time to sit down with a cuppa or a glass of red is very limited, I`m always running around busy, and having a house that I can`t keep up with doesn`t help LOL!

Top Bottom