Now I'm angry....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Sorry Greg,

I was not inferring your mate was in anyway to blame for this accident. It certainly looks as though he was not.

It was more of a generalisation in answer to Arjimlads post. I have not worked out how to use the quote box yet.

Steve

Linford

I was discussing the customers brush with serious injury yesterday with my MD. He covers a lot of miles visiting people and he said that he was following a car about 20 years ago which was being driven along a road, and came up behind a cyclistand basically drove straight through him like he wasn't even there. The poor chap expired on the road in front of him and he said it put him off the notion of cycing on the road ever since. Must be horrific to see something like that.
My mate had a car do a U-turn on him, in the road about 3 years ago whilst I was behind him on motorbikes. We were doign about 60, and it was messy. I nevr felt for a moment that my mates life was on the line though even though he was badly busted up which is i guess a huge difference.

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Sorry Greg,

I was not inferring your mate was in anyway to blame for this accident. It certainly looks as though he was not.

It was more of a generalisation in answer to Arjimlads post. I have not worked out how to use the quote box yet.

Steve
no worries :thumbsup:

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I was discussing the customers brush with serious injury yesterday with my MD. He covers a lot of miles visiting people and he said that he was following a car about 20 years ago which was being driven along a road, and came up behind a cyclistand basically drove straight through him like he wasn't even there. The poor chap expired on the road in front of him and he said it put him off the notion of cycing on the road ever since. Must be horrific to see something like that.
My mate had a car do a U-turn on him, in the road about 3 years ago whilst I was behind him on motorbikes. We were doign about 60, and it was messy. I nevr felt for a moment that my mates life was on the line though even though he was badly busted up which is a guess a huge difference.
30 years ago an artic didn't stop on a roundabout. Straight through the guy, a very good friend and something of a father figure, on the motorbike in front of mine. Who had out braked me onto/into the roundabout. It wasn't instant. I was 20, he was one of those older blokes, in his 40's, who 'mentored' me as a motorcyclist. Longest couple of minutes of my life until he passed. Typing this now with tears in my eyes.

There but for the Grace of God...

Take care out their people, take care.

Sorry to hear about your pal Greg, here's wishing him a speedy recovery.

The main reason I gave up being a roadie was the amount of close shaves with idiot SMIDSY's, I felt it was only a matter of time before I became another road fatality / serious injury statistic.

On the subject of motorbikes, I lost a brother and sister-in-law in a double fatal in 1993, I've never been near a motorbike since.

So yes, take care out there.

Top Bottom