Now that's what I *call* a house-plant...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
463390a4-3374-43b6-b5bf-cdfcdc8bcd82-460x276.jpeg

An illegally converted house in south London with a tree growing through the wall of one room may have been earning a rogue landlord £40,000 a year, according to the council that has repossessed it. The three-bedroom terraced property in Clapham had been transformed into a rental home with eight rooms, each likely to cost around £100 a week at market rate.

An electrician working for Lambeth council said the property, which was originally social housing, was the most dangerous site he had seen in 35 years.

The full story at http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/nov/28/tree-growing-through-wall-house-london

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Hey, if you installed a phone on that little table, you could make trunk calls.

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
You could use that little shelf to keep pots of Elm-lea on.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
How about this one, which I photographed on a hillside near here?

cottages_in_need_of_tlc.jpg

I am amazed that nobody has bought the property and renovated it. It was up for sale years ago, but perhaps the price was too high? If you had the cash to sort the place out, it would make a wonderful home with great views.
Probably got a preservation order on it - a tree preservation order

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
How about this one, which I photographed on a hillside near here?

cottages_in_need_of_tlc.jpg

I am amazed that nobody has bought the property and renovated it. It was up for sale years ago, but perhaps the price was too high? If you had the cash to sort the place out, it would make a wonderful home with great views.

That looks like fairly decent housing as is for t' north.

Globalti

Legendary Member
There are still a few of those derelict Pennine hill farms around. They would need a road and services, prohibitively expensive before you even start on the restoration.

Top Bottom