Numbers on bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mohammed6921

Good day to all,

Can you help me to explain why the player on the cycling race but some number at his bike while he racing.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    151.9 KB · Views: 143
Last edited by a moderator:

andrew_s

Legendary Member
They look like reminders of the Paris Roubaix pavé sectors. Distance from the start in the left column, length of cobbles on the right.

Stevec047

Über Member
Yeah its all to do with the course you will see them on the big tours showing elevations and sprint positions next to distance markers. Basically it can be treated as a very basic and lightweight version of GPS.

A friend of mine does the same when he competes in long distance cycling as it means he can see what's coming up and pace himself accordingly.

oldroadman

Veteran
They're not always that neat and tidy.
paris%20roubaix%202013%20-%20which%20way.JPG
No matter, only the rider who wrote them has to read it. Seems a strange place to see this stuff on top tube, as in first picture. Much better in this one easier to read. before GPS and all that stuff it's how we always worked, notes on stem and watch the blackboard. Simpler days....no DS could witter away in your ear all day!

Reactions: 2IT
No matter, only the rider who wrote them has to read it. Seems a strange place to see this stuff on top tube, as in first picture. Much better in this one easier to read. before GPS and all that stuff it's how we always worked, notes on stem and watch the blackboard. Simpler days....no DS could witter away in your ear all day!
Most of the pics I have seen show that most riders still have the info on the stem; the one in the OP is from Etixx-Quick Step and seems a bit larger than most. I have not been able to work out the relevance of the sections surrounded by red. They are not the 4* and 5* sections, which I thought they might have been.

Top Bottom