Obama and Hamilton - World citizens of the future?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I don't pretend to be a geneticist but I have always thought that in a couple of hundred years most people in the world will be black or pale brown. It strikes me that both Obama and Hamilton personify this trend, especially Lewis Hamilton. He has what I would consider the go-anywhere face, bland but good looking, very even and symmetrical, with great skin and teeth. He looks just like the people you see in computer games designed to sell in any country or culture. In addition both Obama and Hamilton come across as even-tempered, highly intelligent, well-rounded people. In other words neither is an inbred whining chav with a range of mental hangups and genetic malformations caused by the fact that his parents are actually related only 2 generations back because everybody lived in the same village or worked in the same factory.

Obama actually has more distinctive features than Hamilton but I believe that in a couple of hundred years with the disappearance of traditional prejudices about inter-racial relationships and with increased social mobility and travel, most people will look like Lewis Hamilton. What do others think?

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Increased mobility will homogenise to at least some extent...but not really that much in the great scheme of things. In a thousand years (...assuming we last that long) - never mind a couple of hundred - Africa will still mostly be inhabited by black people and China by Chinese-looking people.

Even in our relatively speaking 'highly mobile' nation, we're not as mobile as we think we are. Reminds me of that stand-up: 'Anyone in from Norfolk this evening? Hey - gimme six!'

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Rigid Raider said:
What do others think?

This is what I meant when I said a couple of years ago when Obama announced his candidacy that he looked as if he had been made in a laboratory to be US President for the Twenty-First Century.

There are rather unsavoury historical reasons why this particular combination of looks is considered this way. There is still a strong association from European colonial dominance and the 'scientific racism' of the Nineteenth and early Twentieth centuries that darker skin tone is associated with stupidity, dirt, laziness etc., and particular body features likewise - broad flat noses, larger lips, narrow eyes etc. - not all of which are racially associated (although many are). Even many African and Asian countries have internalised this, hence the popularity of chemical skin lighteners, and things like eyelid surgery in Japan and Korea. It is far from one way, of course: traditionally, whiteness is associated with evil and witchcraft in some African countries - hence the current problems of albinos in Tanzania. However African preferences have never dominated global aesthetic standards. Asian preferences have been slightly more succesful and as China becomes more powerful, may make more of an impact.

The thing about Hamilton, Obama and Toger Woods is that aesthetically they do not draw immediate 'negative' reactions from the vast majority of people, as their looks are not 'extreme' - as you say, they are bland, not striking. Their looks are inoffensive and don't press the buttons of negative stereotypes quite so strongly.

freakhatz

Mr Pig said:
The French will still look the same, because who would want to breed with them?

Wow, that's so funny!! How DID you manage to think of it? Oh, I know, you read it in the Daily Mail. For one moment I thought I'd detected vestiges of intelligence, you know like thinking there might be microbes on Mars. Hey-ho. Keep trying, pal.

Andy

Mr Pig said:
The French will still look the same, because who would want to breed with them?

;):biggrin:
Any half decent looking French female (Carla Bruni anyone??) would just have to simply tell me the time in their sexy French accent and I'd be more than happy to breed with them thank you very much!! :girl:

But yes, agree and was speaking on this point last night re Tiger Woods,Lewis Hamilton and Obama. And not only does Obama look the part physically but his manner of speaking is pretty spot on too IMHO.

Andy

Andy said:
Any half decent looking French female (Carla Bruni anyone??) would just have to simply tell me the time in their sexy French accent and I'd be more than happy to breed with them thank you very much!! :girl:

But yes, agree and was speaking on this point last night re Tiger Woods,Lewis Hamilton and Obama. And not only does Obama look the part physically but his manner of speaking is pretty spot on too IMHO.

Hey! before all the pedants jump in, I know Ms Bruni is Italian but she is now naturalised French and looks pretty good to me!! :laugh:

Andy

Rigid Raider said:
Can we stick to the subject please? This talk of French actresses is making me think of mating with Helene Mahieu - remember her? Size matters?

We would have beautiful babies.....

http://www.fredericleonard.com/main.cfm?p=includes/fiche.cfm&id_com=88690#

I'm sure that you would have RR, and if you didn't my goodness would you have fun trying!! ;) Lovely, lovely, lovely!!:laugh:

"Stick to the subject" ??? Whenever has that been a prerequisite for a CC forum thread posting?? :girl:

Top Bottom