Oh how I laughed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
yes laughed at you... fella on the brand new Specialized who thought it would be fun to pass me very closely at speed whilst I was waiting at a red light. What I found funny was that I caught up with you with ease and kept on your tail, excelent windbreak, ta very much. Yep I could see you looking back at me. We got to the hill in Bromley, I was still on your tail, don't think you liked me whistling a tune as you huffed and puffed up the hill, you liked it even less when you missed a gear and I said 'Ooops", but what made me really laugh was when you decided to go through a red light at the junction at the top, you missed a gear again...AND YOUR CHAIN FELL OFF!!.. Oh dear, the other cyclist at the junction was laughing his socks off. We could see you trying not to look at us when we rode by...

ps Oh yes mate, your new Specialzed was at least 2 sizes too small for you, or was it one of those limited edition 'Allez Giraffes'... in relation to the amount of seatpost you had showing.

snakehips

ianrauk said:
your new Specialzed was at least 2 sizes too small for you

Maybe he had nicked it or bought it from a bloke down the pub !

Snake

Cycling Items

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Oh....why did you sit behind him.....

TBH...I had a guy last night, me sat at lights, he whizzed past and left on footpath.... on a decent Trek carbon..... anyway, get the fixed up to speed....bear in mind it/me is limited by rpm (ahem), and I'm matching the road bike...but about 50 yards back.... can't be arsed chasing as I know traffic up front/lights etc.... I get caught at lights, then by a big truck turning, and still catch up....fortunately he turns off.... phew..

Road bikes are hard work passing/chasing on a 74" fixed gear..... especially if you aren't a youngster..... 110 rpm is OK ish on the flat..... will do 23 mph OK sustained. Any more.......FIRE !

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Aperitif said:
I whistle too Ian - usually in time to the clicketty clicketty of supercampagnoloman! Nice bit of Vivaldi's Four seasons fits well. :becool:

yeah, but Teef, you do that to your mates on social rides as well:evil:

Top Bottom