One for the hipsters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mikeymustard

Veteran
My latest project - owner says it used to be an early 80s Record Ace, the Haden lugs and pic in the 1983 Racers catalogue leads me to believe him.

IMAG0387_zps7sqdq2ph.jpg

IMAG0388_zpsj3myovkd.jpg

IMAG0389_zpservu62ao.jpg

The [powdercoat] finish is quite good, apart from on the edges of the lugs where there are some areas where the powder didn't stick very well, but a bit of gold infill and lining will sort that.
I originally thought I might do a full on ss/fixie job on it using a highly polished vintage crankset but as s I pulled the bubble wrap away from it my partner said "Ooh, I like that colour, you keep saying I need a lighter bike. I want pink bars and mudguards to go with it!" so we shall see.
Colour's really strange actually - as the daylight colour temperature changed from afternoon to evening it seemed to get deeper and plummier; me being colour blind I don't normally see subtlety :smile:

Last edited:

Mrs M

Guru
My latest project - owner says it used to be an early 80s Record Ace, the Haden lugs and pic in the 1983 Racers catalogue leads me to believe him.

IMAG0387_zps7sqdq2ph.jpg

IMAG0389_zpservu62ao.jpg

IMAG0388_zpsj3myovkd.jpg

The [powdercoat] finish is quite good, apart from on the edges of the lugs where there are some areas where the powder didn't stick very well, but a bit of gold infill and lining will sort that.
I originally thought I might do a full on ss/fixie job on it using a highly polished vintage crankset but as s I pulled the bubble wrap away from it my partner said "Ooh, I like that colour, you keep saying I need a lighter bike. I want pink bars and mudguards to go with it!" so we shall see.
Colour's really strange actually - as the daylight colour temperature changed from afternoon to evening it seemed to get deeper and plummier; me being colour blind I don't normally see subtlety :smile:
Lovely colour

Very nice:thumbsup:;I know another female who would like that:rolleyes:.

Looks like my similar vintage Graham Weigh,it has the same lugs as that.

OP
OP
mikeymustard

mikeymustard

Veteran
Very nice:thumbsup:;I know another female who would like that:rolleyes:.

Looks like my similar vintage Graham Weigh,it has the same lugs as that.
They're Haden Royal Sovereign I think, same as my Mercian too

Nice. :becool:

Does the frame number begin with a W ?
haven't checked, I'm pretty sure seller was right about it having been an early 80s rra though

Top Bottom