One of the funniest scamming emails I’ve ever received.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

john59

Guru
HOW DO YOU DO ?
I have contacted my wife concerning the pick up and for other purposes which she might need you for,which she told me is okay by her,I believe you are fitted for this position in as much you will prove yourself a reliable, honest loyal and good person.I will let you know about her arrival date as soon as i know u will be driving her.I will prefer you have your car available,I am offering you $700 weekly, and you will make yourself available 3 times a week for her schedule for 3 to 5 hours each day, that's it, you will be working every Monday,Wednesday and Friday, she will be attending a conference meeting so you will be Pick her and drop her back at the hotel after she finishes the meeting,

Requirements...
All you need for you to work for her is to have a copy driver's
licence scanned,your full car registration and your car..
If you are ready to take these Job I will want you to email me the
following details.

Your full Name............................
Address in full...........................
your drivers licence number............
Phone or mobile number....................
The picture of the car is required........

Cos i will be contacting her conference people's accountant to forward you a check as payment after you agreed all the terms of this job....The accountant will be sending a payment that will cover your first week upfront salary and her expenses(Flight ticket, accommodation and other expenses) while she is with you at the conference in the state...
If you are ok with all the terms then i will be waiting for your reply.

N.B---- Incase you do not have a car we will have to hire a car and we
will bear the expenses for that.

For any further enquiry Please call my mobile number below..

Globalti

Legendary Member
Different, I'll admit. Why not reply? You'll never know what might happen.

Reminds me of one occasion when I had just arrived for 2 weeks working in Lagos. Early on the Monday morning my bedside 'phone rang and a rough-sounding character announced himself as The Chief and told me that my pickup arrangements had been changed and that his car would collect me at 07:30. (The idea being that a gullible first-timer would go down , get in the car and be kindnapped). I told him he must have taken me for some kind of mugu and to leave me to sleep. Five minutes later the idiot rang again - either he was stupid or the hotel operator had put his next attempt through to the previous room number. It dawned on me that whoever was doing it could only have been receiving cooperation from the hotel telephone operator so I reported it to Security.

Feckin' muppets all of 'em but sadly still successful sometimes.

Arch

Married to Night Train
john59 said:
N.B---- Incase you do not have a car we will have to hire a car and wewill bear the expenses for that.

Fantastic desperation - just in case they try to scam someone without a car....

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Anyone remember/heard of a guy that used to wind them up - remember reading about it here possibly, the usual scam about sending money etc. and the email conversation/telephone calls went on for some time - ended up with the bloke in Nigeria having a tatoo of a symbol 'to prove his honesty' and it read 'owned' or something similar...absolutely hilarious reading the exchanges.

Globalti

Legendary Member
You want scamorama.com or 419eater.com

You'll also need lots of reading time to follow the hilarious stories there.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
john59 said:
Cos i will be contacting her conference people's accountant to forward you a check as payment after you agreed all the terms of this job....The accountant will be sending a payment that will cover your first week upfront salary and her expenses(Flight ticket, accommodation and other expenses) while she is with you at the conference in the state...

So they send you a fake cheque, you cash it and buy a flight ticket. Send the ticket to them and they cancel the flight and get the money back. In the mean time the cheque bounces and and you get a visit from Mr Plod and a bill from your bank.

Make a fake driving licence and send a pic of a police car.:biggrin:

Top Bottom