Ouch! (explicit accident footage)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Not specifically cycling related, but still on a road safety theme so I pray forgiveness.

This guy got away with minor injuries... (It's nasty, so don't watch if you're easily shocked)

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1423...er_being_knocked_down_in_hit_and_run/?ref=trn

So many different angles to this. The non-stop element of behaviour by the driver, the victim escaping more or less intact, and perhaps even how cars have become pedestrian-friendly with their impact characteristics.

If you're around the Brighton and Hove area you might want to avoid Fiat 500s for a spell.

The report I saw said he had serious head injuries.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
The car was just flung around that corner. A good argument if ever here was for GPS sensors in cars that force them to obey the speed limit and slow down for corners etc.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
That car was flying. Hmm, car traced but driver not identified - family covering up ?

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
A comment further down the page implies it was a stolen vehicle, which would go some way to explaining the speed and the failing to stop.

(Note 'explain', not 'excuse'!)

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I watched that horrendous accident yesterday and then found myself in a slow motion version of the same situation last night. Car turning right into the side street I was crossing and accelerating towards me on the wrong side of the road. I had to be quick to avoid the car and even then I only had a couple of inches to spare. Driver neither slowed nor stopped.

I hope the police have the right man but wish he'd jumped.

Tin Pot

Guru
Jesus Christ Almighty. I didn't realise how close Joe Black was to reality.

I hope the victim recovers well, and the assailant is buried in a shallow grave.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I watched that horrendous accident yesterday and then found myself in a slow motion version of the same situation last night. Car turning right into the side street I was crossing and accelerating towards me on the wrong side of the road. I had to be quick to avoid the car and even then I only had a couple of inches to spare. Driver neither slowed nor stopped.

I hope the police have the right man but wish he'd jumped.

I did that in November. Looking at the GPS data, my bike was flung some distance, whilst I cartwheeled !

Top Bottom