our stables please add

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

young Ed

Veteran
@ianrauk dunno what it is about your Kona but I love that bike, its so retro cool. All the ones Ive seen in my size lack the disks and just don't look right (could be the kids sized geometry)
Offends me that you commute on that Kona, and based on the fact your Roubaix is in amazing condition that only leaves your Tin.
i can confirm that he does ride the Ti meaning he is a real cyclist and doesn't just post on here and sit in the garage staring at his bikes :tongue:
Cheers Ed

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
i can confirm that he does ride the Ti meaning he is a real cyclist and doesn't just post on here and sit in the garage staring at his bikes :tongue:
Cheers Ed

LOL, Mr H knows that.. he's seen all the bikes in the flesh.

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
Van Nicholas Ventus Ti 2013
standalone
I like :smile:

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Cheers Ed

I have seen all of @ianrauk bikes and having passed the dirty chain and cassette test on numerous occasions I have up most respect for his bikes. The Roubaix is in amazing condition for its age and the amount of use it has had. The Kona I just adore and have done since I first clapped eyes on it and I'm not sure if I hate pictures of it because they never do the bike justice or the simple fact, its not mine.. But its a lovely bit of kit.
The titanium is simply tasteful and quality, it's middle class... But I'm not so it seems the right bike to mock on principle (class wars) - its the type of bike that if it had Di2 the battery would be plugged in :whistle:

The tin jokes are just a bit of banter because I got bullied out of the titanium thread once for being a plastic boy. :laugh:

AndyRM

XOXO
My day to day commuter. Kona Honky Inc disc braked road bike.
standalone

My Specialized Roubaix Elite 2009.
standalone

standalone

And ianrauk jnr's stable
Specialized Hotrock and Ridgeback Zooom
standalone

The frame for the Kona looks an awful lot like my Honky Tonk, albeit slightly altered to accommodate discs. Not sure that I'm sold on the carbon fork though, prefer my steel effort despite the weight penalty.

Personal aesthetic preference aside, that's a thing of beauty.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
The frame for the Kona looks an awful lot like my Honky Tonk, albeit slightly altered to accommodate discs. Not sure that I'm sold on the carbon fork though, prefer my steel effort despite the weight penalty.

Personal aesthetic preference aside, that's a thing of beauty.

The forks have actually been changed now to black Kinesis ones due to a moton deciding he would drive into me and the bike, snapping the front fork.

Shaun

Founder
standalone

The Kona looks like it doesn't take any prisoners on the commute, but this would be my pick of Ian's stable. :thumbsup:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
The wheelbase looks quite stretched out compared to the other two. Is it a smallish frame or are the forks just long / deep or angled slightly differently (or a combo of the two)?
i'm not sure shaun tbh - its a 29er frame 17" suspension forks removed and replaced with rigid suspension adjusted carbon forks - its immensley comfortable though

Maybe its the angle of the front wheel

IMAG0006_1_1.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom