our stables please add

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

young Ed

Veteran
My Roubaix after being "blinged" with straws and tinsel:

View attachment 40859

Haven't got a pic to hand of the Sirrus.
good to see the founder/owner/manager of the site has a good/nice bike :biggrin:

i see several of us on here have the roubaix, is it fully plastic? how much does it weigh roughly? thinking of getting one but not sure the wallet agrees?! :laugh:
Cheers Ed

young Ed

Veteran
i'm not sure shaun tbh - its a 29er frame 17" suspension forks removed and replaced with rigid suspension adjusted carbon forks - its immensley comfortable though

Maybe its the angle of the front wheel

View attachment 40885
also forks sit off set further forward then the head tube?
Cheers Ed

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Mine....

Dawes Century SE
This is my work bike/pottering around town bike/jump on in jeans and trainers bike.
image.jpg

Ritte Vlaanderen
My dry weather bike
image.jpg

Enigma Ti
My all weather bike (I do most of my cycling on this)
image.jpg

Cervelo R5 VWD
My best bike, only comes out occasionally
image.jpg

Last edited:

young Ed

Veteran
Better start saving up then Bud. And by the time you are in your 20's you may have at least one of them ;)
might have the carbon forks by then! :biggrin:
Cheers Ed

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
oh right
not familiar with this setup, what are the positives/negatives of it compared to forks directly below and in line with the head tube?
Cheers Ed

The reason they do that, is the same with all forks. It's all about "rake". Doesn't matter where it is (top of forks, bottom of forks), so long as the front axel sits in front of the line drawn down from the middle of the head tube. Having no rake would make the bike unstable.

Top Bottom