Panniers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I'm thinking of ditching my Carradice for commuting and moving to panniers. I know you get what you pay for but Ortliebs are very expensive, are there any truly waterproof (and I mean waterproof, think laptop in bag) panniers out there for less or should I just bite the bullet and go Ortlieb?

M-wave
51fxsXN69VL._AA160_.jpg
http://www.amazon.co.uk/M-Wave-Albe...id=1438370532&sr=8-17&keywords=m+wave+pannier

Definitely 100% waterproof. Mine got a serious testing earlier this month :okay:

edit/ just to add - these have the roll top fastening inside same as Ortlieb, plus an additional velcro strap

I rode 83 miles around Snowdonia last weekend for about 6 hours of very inclement weather (so typical N Wales....) with an Altura Dryline pannier on a Topeak DX rack - and although everything (me included) was soaked by the end, the inside of the pannier was bone dry. Can't do better than that I suggest.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I use Ortlieb Front Roller Classics on the commute. I got them for £65 at Evans - keep an eye out on deals on the web. SJS had them for £65 plus postage, but Evans prie matched - all over the net, so just selected delivery to a local store for free and collected a couple of days later on my way home.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I'm another Ortlieb fan and mine do look a little battered now but they are about 6 years old and still keeping out the water. My first panniers which cost half the price barely lasted 18 months and it was a faff having to stop to put on the rain cover, which didn't cover the entire pannier either. You can get spare parts for them too.

Top Bottom