Pantani

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

suzeworld

Veteran
Has anyone seen the film, it came out this week, but not getting many cinema showings, it is already available on DVD.

He won the tour de France the very first year we started watching the tour. We loved him. I cried when I cycled past his monument on the Galibier.

These characters are very much part of the tour. If you expunge them, there isn't much left, and I cannot undo my old pleasure from watching him which got me interested in the sport, and ultimately in being a keener cyclist myself.

Last edited:
Has anyone seen the film, it came out this week, but not getting many cinema showings, it is already available on DVD.

http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/rapha-and-marco-pantini.155310/page-4

Apologies it is completely OT. I have just seen that i am trying to play a bluray disk in a DVD player

I was not suggesting that your post was OT, it was the reply discussing technical issues of DVDs that was off topic.... we may have needed to have the thread shifted, they are a funny lot as to what can be posted on Pro Cycling

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I finally saw the film and I thought it was a sad and very fair analysis of the story, not surprisingly given the book upon which it was based. In the film, Pantani's mother had clearly not accepted the official verdict on his death and it turns out that she may yet be proved correct - iit's not over yet. The courts have agreed that the verdict in Pantani's death should be revisted following a dossier of evidence compiled on behalf of the family which apparently suggests that Marco was held down and forced to drink a mixture of cocaine and water. This would be one explanation of why his body contained way more cocaine than would have been possible for him to have taken himself...

Wasn't there also an allegation that one of the other Italian TdF winners Fausto Coppi was also murdered

Top Bottom