Paris - Nice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

Tetedelacourse said:
I think the best Millar can hope for is for a bit of a showing on the front. He perennially gets talked up but IMO just aint got the legs to win a classic

I'm beginning to think you're right. What happened today?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Slipstream aren't exactly pressing their case here for a place at the top table. Millar was blown away for the second day running.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
and why is there no highlights show tonight? even in advertising, we can't sit and watch the live coverage during the day, so they could at least put a highlights show on eurosport 2 instead of the pro celebrity welly wanging that's probably on :angry: :rolleyes:

doyler78

Every sport has its place, even cycling. Eurosport at least gives us far more coverage than any other sports channel. There were only highlights on the first night so far as I can see. Get yourself a sky+ box and you can watch it when it suits you. That's what I do.

Dave5N

Über Member
alecstilleyedye said:
and why is there no highlights show tonight? even in advertising, we can't sit and watch the live coverage during the day, so they could at least put a highlights show on eurosport 2 instead of the pro celebrity welly wanging that's probably on :wacko: :angry:

In Macclesfield? :rolleyes:

No probs in real marketing here. :smile:

Tetedelacourse

yello said:
I'm beginning to think you're right. What happened today?

I don't think his sponsors or team mgt do him any favours tbh. Seems to me they all think he's better than he is and when the class boys turn up the heat he just maxes out.

mondobongo

Über Member
See some things don't change, Evans is so boring too watch a child of 10 could have predicted his strategy for yesterday. I do hope he gets an excitement boost before the Tour if as many are predicting and he is the main contender for GC. Nice to see the young guns going for it, Gesink shows promise.

mondobongo

Über Member
Millar had 2 offs earlier in the week, his form then went too nothing and he dropped lots of time. Wonder if he picked up a knock then and its progressively worsened over the week.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
mondobongo said:
See some things don't change, Evans is so boring too watch a child of 10 could have predicted his strategy for yesterday. I do hope he gets an excitement boost before the Tour if as many are predicting and he is the main contender for GC. Nice to see the young guns going for it, Gesink shows promise.

It's very hard to like Evans:sad:

OP
OP
Ludwig

Ludwig

Hopeless romantic
Thanks for all your comments. Tried to watch it for a bit last night but couldn't really get into it. Seems that most of the top riders were at another race. I've slept on the beach at Nice a couple of times as a backpacker. Old Nice is very interesting with a good antiques and flea market.

Top Bottom