Paris Roubaix - Spoilers be here.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
He looked comfortable from a long way out. He did very well.

rliu

Veteran
Had a flutter on Stybar but he didn't stand much of a chance with Degenkolb in the group, decent for him to get 2nd though.

rliu

Veteran
Nope, another Etixx tactics fail.

Brilliant and well deserved win by Degenkolb.

Where's the tactical fail here I'd be interested to know. It seems to me Lampaert had no legs to win if he had worked with Van Avermaet and Degenkolb, whereas Stybar had kept himself relatively fresh up until his move to bridge to the front trio with 5km to go

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Where's the tactical fail here I'd be interested to know. It seems to me Lampaert had no legs to win if he had worked with Van Avermaet and Degenkolb, whereas Stybar had kept himself relatively fresh up until his move to bridge to the front trio with 5km to go
Some are asking why Stybar+Lampaert didn't attack when they were both in the front four.

rliu

Veteran
Some are asking why Stybar+Lampaert didn't attack when they were both in the front four.

Be very hard to ride away with big powerful guys like Degenkolb and Van Avermaet with the road running out and the pave secteurs behind them. It could have been possible for Lampaert to attack to soften them up but I just doubt he had the legs to do that

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Degenkolb would have probably won regardless, but they didn't have to actually lead out his sprint!

I didn't see the bit where people flirted with the TGV - was Degenkolb mixed up in that ?
Doubt it, he was at the front pretty much all day.

Top Bottom