England : Derbyshire Peak District incl Holme Moss Saturday May 30: 0900 start

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BRounsley

Über Member
Deffo flattest way to Glossop train station once fairly local is A57 to Wooley Bridge via the roundabout at the end of the M67 then continue along A57 which becomes Glossop High Street. How to get to A57 from deepest darkest Chorlton, I have no idea

Edit - I've just done a fast ridewithgps from Chorlton to Glossop via the above route and it's about 900ft of climbing so you might want to have another look at the route

Thanks for the info. I revised my route a bit and knocked a couple of hundred of it.

I plan to peel off at Chapel-en-le-Firth.

If I stick to the plan my numbers are 96 miles and 7,000ft of up.

I am afraid I will not be able to make it either, I have been roped in to help with the training of a friend of mine doing the ironman event in July, so we are on a flat 100 mile ride Saturday morning. I will try to make another ride though, I like riding the Holme Moss area.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I am afraid I will not be able to make it either, I have been roped in to help with the training of a friend of mine doing the ironman event in July, so we are on a flat 100 mile ride Saturday morning. I will try to make another ride though, I like riding the Holme Moss area.

TBH there are loads of loops like this in the Peak District. If folk enjoy this one I'll do another at some time. Always with a finish in a pub for a decent sesh of course

potsy

Rambler
I'm gonna set up an early doors saddleworth mtb ride with a pub finish as well.
I'm working that day :laugh:

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I'm gonna set up an early doors saddleworth mtb ride with a pub finish as well.

I don't own a MTB so won't be able to do that one. Even if someone lent me one I'd probably just fall off and look an arse

On related matters, there's lots of talk about why it's difficult to attract CCers onto the rides. I think making it a proper social with a decent pub finish at the end helps a lot. Folk don't want to just load the bike into the car at the end of the ride and drive off

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
I don't own a MTB so won't be able to do that one. Even if someone lent me one I'd probably just fall off and look an arse

On related matters, there's lots of talk about why it's difficult to attract CCers onto the rides. I think making it a proper social with a decent pub finish at the end helps a lot. Folk don't want to just load the bike into the car at the end of the ride and drive off
Theres all sorts of reasons. Time, fitness, shyness and allsorts but a pub finish can and should be a good leveller.

doughnut

Veteran
Got man flu problems this week as well. If the ride was today, I'd probably duck out - coughing and sneezing all over the place. But the medicine cabinet is open so I'm still hoping to be good for tomorrow. If I start to struggle then I will take one of the shortcuts back halfway through.
Got to warn you all to keep well clear of my snot rockets though.

Top Bottom