England : Derbyshire Peak District ride August 2nd

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianwoodi

try again rich and i might try it out this weekend

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
try again rich and i might try it out this weekend
I've 'friended' you Ian - see if that works. I'm not sure what I've done wrong. Maybe I have to do something to make it public on MMR?
<edit> I have toggled my wotsit and hopefully made it public.

Last edited:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Carefully avoided winnats there. Nice one.

But takes in Mam Nick....and a whole heap of other climbs.

By the way, the route suggested via Fernlee reservoir isn't easily navigable by road bike (I had to get off and walk some of it). I would suggest continuing up Long Hill then turning right at the top and dropping into Goyt Valley that way

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire

By the way, the route suggested via Fernlee reservoir isn't easily navigable by road bike (I had to get off and walk some of it). I would suggest continuing up Long Hill then turning right at the top and dropping into Goyt Valley that way
Make sure your brakes are tip top for that. http://www.strava.com/segments/2580591 That is one hill I have never attempted to go fast down.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Winnats is an option if the tough guys want to wait at the top! Last time I did it, I swore I wouldn't put myself through it again.

I went to the top the first time I did the route but the second time I found a reasonable path down through a car park leading to the track between the 2 reservoirs. It's a long (eponymous) slog to the top of Long Hill which I'm happy to forego.

Shadowfax

I' m looking for some targets this year, and this would seem like a good one, how fast are you likely to be riding ?

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I've rather neglected this thread of late so I'm bumping it to gauge current interest as to whether it's worth my 'organising' it!

Top Bottom