Pedal 4 Scotland 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sleekitcollie

i,ve done this event for last cpl years , this year they are adding a 100 mile route as well as the normal 50ish one ,
i,d quite like to try the bigger route , but on the pedal 4 scotland web site it says
" if u can do the 50 mile route in under 2and half hours then the 100 mile route might be the one for you if you want more of a challange "
now my time last year was 3 and half hours ( on front susp mountain bike with hybrid tyres ) , i,ve bought a different bike now (spez tricross sport 2010 ) and although its not a road racer it is a slightly faster than the old bike , but not 1hr faster over 50 miles .
now here the thing do i enter the 100 and be left well at the tail end or just stick to the 50 mile one and try and beter my time ,
i,ve done a 70 mile run this year and hopefully build up as i want to do a 100 mile run as it would be a big milestone for me given my late start in life to cycling ( im 46 and started 3 years ago )
im sure i can build up to the 100 but time wise .. who knows .. i,ve did 3000 miles last year on mountain bike biggest was 80 miles fully loaded with camping gear . so speed was not an issue
any advice re entering the 100 mile run would be great thanx

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Just in case anyone hasn't read the rest of the discussion here ;)

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Anyone wondering if they can do the distance on PfS, just have a look at this, if a five year old can do it so can you.

Coco

Yes, but 5-yr olds don't have beer bellys :smile:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Didn't you see the BBC Panorama programme from Liverpool the other night? There are five years which are heavier than me!!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
But enough about your childhoods, I'll see if I can get there for at least one of the routes, and rest assured, I'm only 9 stone!

Top Bottom