pedal for scotland 6 September 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Hi Allan and welcome :hello:
If you post the PfS under the "sportive" forum you might get more response.
I am thinking about the 110 :smile:

OP
OP
AllanC

AllanC

Regular
I done the 47 mile one a few years back, travel for me is easy as I am just about 15/20 minutes drive from Glasgow and about the same by train.
There is a large surface NCP car park in King Street, Glasgow which is about a 3 minute cycle to the start area in Glasgow. I will be using that this year again. It costs £5 for the whole day or so my wife and daughter tell me.

OP
OP
AllanC

AllanC

Regular
Hi Allan and welcome :hello:
If you post the PfS under the "sportive" forum you might get more response.
I am thinking about the 110 :smile:
Thanks Pat I have just done so, thanks for the heads up.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Done the 47 miler a few times now. Been lucky with the weather apart from one year when it was a bit damp. The cycling in the rain wasn't the problem (even for a dedicated FWC), but sitting in a cold bus in damp gear afterwards was! We sat in Edinburgh for ages waiting for the bus to fill up, then the slowwww drive to Glasgow....
@Innes , the transport is normally well organised - just book a space and turn up. You go by bus, your bike in an artic lorry. Both go in a convoy so you arrive at the same time. My old bike got some serious scrapes last year, looked like the result of another bikes pedal riding on the frame. I wasn't bothered because it was a hand painted old banger, but would have been pissed off had it been any other bike. In fairness, I think they supply bubble wrap if you are concerned.
I would do it again but only if it's a nice day, which means no advance booking for me. I was considering the 110 miler for a while, as a challenge laid down by @Pat "5mph" , but achilles trouble has all but ruled that out. Even the 47 miler could be a struggle. But good luck to Pat, I'm sure YOU won't wimp out! :okay: ^_^

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Was surprised how good i felt after it i was tempted to ride back to Glasgow but some fool put a pub in my way
I did ride back to Glasgow 2 years ago :biggrin:
Done the 47 mile twice now, plus twice again, once on my own, once with company to go to Pedal on Parliament.
If I'll do it this year ( errm ...need to learn to ride my road bike first @Brandane :smile:) it will be the 110 miles :eek:
Sorry to hear about your injury @doddy73, GWS! :hello:

Col5632

Guru
I quite fancy giving the 47 a bash. Had a look at the registration site which seemed quite straight forward but the info on actually getting to Glasgow was really vague. Anyone here have any past experiences?

As @Brandane has said you can book your bike onto a truck and you go by bus, plently of parking near Victoria park, it is a very slow bus journey to Glasgow, I would start as early as you can also, the Q at the start can take a good 30 mins to get through if you turn up late.

Top Bottom