Scotland : Glasgow & Clyde Valley Pedal for Scotland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Robert Clark

48 for me, sorry

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Did not do enough training for the 110, bored of the 47, so, no.
Good luck to all that are doing it! :thumbsup:

Dibs

Veteran
Doing the 47 for the first time this year. Was a little concerned at completing the distance when I first booked in April.

Have managed both a 50 & 70 mile cycle in last 6 weeks, so should be ok!

^_^

Dibs

Veteran
Yes. Completed the ride in a moving time of 3h22m. So delighted.

Only blip, was another cyclist cut in front of me and take out my front wheel.

Been to a&e, wrist not broken, but soft tissue damage. Luckily was only 3 miles from end!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman

Been to a&e, wrist not broken, but soft tissue damage. Luckily was only 3 miles from end!
Oh, poor you, gws!
I crashed on my first PfS, mamil trying to be clever at the entrance to the Edinburgh path crossed on the right while everybody else crossed on the left.
I saw it coming, slowed down, landed on top of him bike first :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Fubar

Guru

GWS, well done for finishing!

format

Über Member
I went through to Edinburgh from Glasgow very early as I needed to be at Murrayfield for the arrival of the rides. I took part of the 47 route then took the a89 all the rest of the way. Got good assistance from the breeze and made it in 2hr 25 mins, which I was chuffed with.

The same route home took about 3hrs 15 minutes. Headwind not so fun!

Robert Clark

Enjoyed the ride 47 miles in 3 hrs 23 mins. Didn't enjoy the racing snakes flying past too close, getting cut up on almost every corner or the lack of stewards on the Edinburgh side. This is my 4th time and it seems to get more dangerous every year.

Hardrock93

Guru
Enjoyed the ride 47 miles in 3 hrs 23 mins. Didn't enjoy the racing snakes flying past too close, getting cut up on almost every corner or the lack of stewards on the Edinburgh side. This is my 4th time and it seems to get more dangerous every year.

In previous years I've crossed the start line at about 9am, in the midst of a huge crowd. This year I travelled through to Glasgow with a group and we set off from the Green at 10:30. Leaving so late meant no queuing, no bunching, no crowding and no danger. Unfortunately, it also meant no sense of occasion (the Green was empty by then, the early razzamatazz long over) and no bananas or cereal bars left at Drumpellier. Although there are are downsides, I prefer an early, busy start.

Top Bottom