Scotland : Edinburgh & Lothians Pedal on parliament 2014 - 26th April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ShooglyDougie

Veteran
Me

Brandane

Legendary Member
Maybeez aye, maybeez naw!
Went once a few years back (might have been the original PoP). It involved a lot of standing around in the cold, followed by a short, painfully slow cycle to Holyrood, followed by more standing around in the cold. I know it is important to make our point, but ...... :cold:

The saving grace was cycling to and from the freight terminal at the airport, where I had parked the car.
So for me, it will be weather dependent, and a short notice decision will be made. I won't be attempting to get a bike on any train service between Glasgow and Edinburgh that day!

Last edited:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I'll be there, with bike or not, with Belles or CChatters for sure:smile:
Btw @Brandane last year we rode to Pop from Glasgow, arrived well hot and just in time not to hang about :laugh: stayed about 30 minutes, took a swift exit during the speeches, boarded a train back with bikes no problems, about 6 of us, but there were more bikes on the train.
They put on more bike carriages for the event.

algo

Regular
I'll be there - standing in the cold or not. Quite agree with fimm - it's about turning up in numbers. I believe this year we'll be able to go all in one big group so the more people the better.

Teuchter

Über Member
I'm planning on going. Like Pat said, some of us left early for the train back to Glasgow from Waverley before the rush. I see the ride is meant to start at 12 noon this year - wasn't it 2pm last year? This could mean finishing in time for me to cycle all of the way back home afterwards though as I'm breaking in a new leather saddle at the moment, I may have to decide between riding home and getting the traine home after I've ridden the 60 miles to get there first!

Is a repeat of last year's CC feeder ride from Glasgow planned again this year?

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I'm planning on going. Like Pat said, some of us left early for the train back to Glasgow from Waverley before the rush. I see the ride is meant to start at 12 noon this year - wasn't it 2pm last year? This could mean finishing in time for me to cycle all of the way back home afterwards though as I'm breaking in a new leather saddle at the moment, I may have to decide between riding home and getting the traine home after I've ridden the 60 miles to get there first!

Is a repeat of last year's CC feeder ride from Glasgow planned again this year?
I'm starting from Linlithgow with the Belles this year.
There is a Go Bike feeder ride, no CC feeder ride planned yet afaik.

Teuchter

Über Member
I'm starting from Linlithgow with the Belles this year.
There is a Go Bike feeder ride, no CC feeder ride planned yet afaik.
I did see details of the Go Bike ride from George Square. I'll consider tagging along with it.

Starting half way may also be a good idea... the whole way there and back for me is just shy of 120 miles and while I did a century last year, I suspect it may be too early in the season for taking on that sort of distance when I've not ridden much more than commuting distances for months. Looking at the route we took last year (thanks to navigation by @Rasmus), I think I may drive to somewhere like Coatbridge and ride to and from there which would make it a nice 70-odd mile round trip with no worrying about trains or navigation through the East of Glasgow which always gets me lost.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Intending to take the Nazca ... and considering assisting with Feeder and Fed rides ...
radler.gif

Top Bottom