Pedal on Parliament 2015 - 25th April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
You could always 'feed' via Kincardine Bridge ... :bicycle:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Leave earlier?
2 years ago we left at 7am from Glasgow, got there just in time at 3. We took the back roads, similar to the PfS route, got lost in town, had 2 girls with us new to riding the road, they refused to ride in Edinburgh, too much traffic.
Last year we left from Linlithgow at 10 to be there at 12.30, I think the start was.
I had planned an easy ride along the canal: one girl brought the boyfriend along, he got a puncture I had to fix because he "could not remember how to", a girl punctured later on, had to fix that one too, we got very muddy, I told the speedier ones to ride along, they made it, my group got there when it was all over :sad:
If the trains would take more bikes, I would get a group together to join @Telemark's Belles feeder ride.
Might just come myself :smile:

Pat "5mph"

I think if others can't make it for the time then going yourself might be the better option as bad as that sounds
I'd feel bad if I go without posting the ride on the Belles site.
Mind, I'd have to leave at 4am to ride the whole way by 12.
GRCM are having a feeder ride from Glasgow, the faster Belles will go with them.
I'm not fast enough to make it in 4 hours.

Pat "5mph"

@Pat "5mph" - at some point the Glasgow Bike Station (!!!) was talking about carrying people's bikes across in a van ...
could have been last year or more recently ... you know who to ask ;)

T
She's not mentioned it :ohmy:
We have some founds in the Belles pot, I could get the same guy that took us to Perth, he was reasonable.
Will inquire :okay:

2 years ago we left at 7am from Glasgow, got there just in time at 3. We took the back roads, similar to the PfS route, got lost in town, had 2 girls with us new to riding the road, they refused to ride in Edinburgh, too much traffic.
Last year we left from Linlithgow at 10 to be there at 12.30, I think the start was.
I had planned an easy ride along the canal: one girl brought the boyfriend along, he got a puncture I had to fix because he "could not remember how to", a girl punctured later on, had to fix that one too, we got very muddy, I told the speedier ones to ride along, they made it, my group got there when it was all over :sad:
If the trains would take more bikes, I would get a group together to join @Telemark's Belles feeder ride.
Might just come myself :smile:

Truly impressive.

fimm

Veteran
@Pat "5mph" , could you split your group over two or three trains and come on the Aridrie to Bathgate line? These are the trains I commute on and you can get lots of bikes on them (probably not 12 on one train, though) by putting bikes in the doorways.

Sadly I can't come this year because Boyfriend is running 53 miles that day.

Top Bottom