Pedestrian down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
i know it's OT.

Just heard a friend of mine was killed by a truck driver last Thursday, crossing the road. Don't know the details yet.

Leaves behind a wife and ten year old son. Great little boy, he doesn't deserve this.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Sorry to hear that Tin Pot.
Sad news.

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
Cheers. Happened the day after I posted about a truck nearly hitting me as a ped.

It was pretty gruesome, but he died immediately which is some small mercy.

Well.

sidevalve

Über Member
Sad but don't know the details so can't really comment at all. If [and I repeat IF] it was his fault - peds do some crazy things sometimes - then I feel sorry for the driver. To know you have killed someone [even if it was through no fault of your own is a lifetime burden, and yes I have seen what it can do to a normal person.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Sorry to hear about your friend @Tin Pot .

GC

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
No worries all.

I decided a long time ago that the whys and wherefores around death aren't as important as some people, who haven't experienced it the same way, feel.

It's for us to support those left behind.

The kid can still have a good life.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I think that you should give @sidevalve a bit of a break. He made a perfectly reasonable observation and, although not reverential, it wasn't particularly insensitive either. The knee-jerk blaming of those in motor vehicles, without any accurate information, is a bit silly and a bit too prevalent on CC.

I'm sorry about your friend @Tin Pot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom