Penetration for a Living

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
I always get the odd email from agencies letting me know of roles advertised and this one popped up just now....

Salary: Very Competative

Penetration Tester - An urgent requirement is needed for an experienced penetration tester to join an elite team conducting on-site and remote penetration testing assignments on both application and infrastructure on various client sites.

Click to apply....

Is this code for something slightly pervy or am I just mentally tainted after 18 months in the sex industry and someone out there actually has the words "penetration" on their business card?

Ben M

tehehehehehehehe

Globalti

Legendary Member
I'd have my doubts about responding to any job ad from an agent who can't spell competitive.

Will1985 said:
Is it a fancy way of saying IT securities tester/legal hacker?

+1

dodgy

Oh dear, this has been my job description in the past, more in the management side these days though. It's always raised a titter in certain circles, quite often you hear the term 'ethical hacker' instead, but I prefer pentester :biggrin:

OP
OP
Wigsie

Wigsie

Nincompoop
dodgy said:
Oh dear, this has been my job description in the past, more in the management side these days though. It's always raised a titter in certain circles, quite often you hear the term 'ethical hacker' instead, but I prefer pentester :biggrin:

So in the past you have been managing penetrations?

"What did you do at work today honey?"

"Ahhhh, the usual, located and penetrated a number of seemingly hidden holes... but I now have an infection"

Do you have any business cards left over?

Top Bottom